+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 15890 donpeak is an unknown quantity at this point donpeak's Avatar

Yes | No

Does anyone here own a 328 IX coupe or sedan?

Just wondering since i ordered one for winter travel trips. Never
    drove one and never see them here in Houston area. very few reviews
    are out there that i have seen. I know they suck more fuel and
    probably as much as our 335 coupe. I plan to get some snow/wheel
    16" tires and chains. Just tired of driving the Gas Hog 4wd pickup
    to Colorado,Kansas and Oklahoma and dont like the X-5 or X-3.

Registered Member
    Member No: 124850 mrglock is an unknown quantity at this point mrglock's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Does anyone here own a 328 IX coupe or sedan?

We have '07 e92 328xi automatic. I have not found with my driving style a difference in gas mileage on the interstate from my '06e90 330 manual. However I don't drive very aggressive and Illinois is very flat. HWY mpg is about 33-35 on both cars on premium fuel. Our speed limit is 65mph and I set the cruise at 72mph. When the speed limit is is 70mph I set the cruise at 77mph. The higher speed limit drops mpg to about 32-34mpg.________________________________
    Let (Make) Them Come To You!!!

His - 2006 e90 330i l Jet Black l Dakota Black Leather l Sport l 6 Speed Manual | Logic 7

Hers - 2007 e92 328xi l Jet Black l Grey Dakota Leather l Premium l Steptronic | Nav | Comfort | Sport

Retired - 2006 e90 325xi, 2004 e83 X3 & 1999 e39 528i

Registered Member
    Member No: 15890 donpeak is an unknown quantity at this point donpeak's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks!......do you have all season tires or ...

do you have snow tires and wheels? picking up the car in Munich this month and
    most people say i won't have any problems in the Munich area with
    all season tires and ix drive since they clean and work 24 hrs. with
    snow removeal and grit trucks. Will also drive flat West Texas through some 6" snows on occasion or in Colorado and New Mexico but
    not the steep mountain roads.

Last question.....do you feel any difference on wet, rainy roads
    than when driving your 330? we also have a 335 coupe that is a
    summer/winter car here in Houston.

Registered Member
    Member No: 124850 mrglock is an unknown quantity at this point mrglock's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Thanks!......do you have all season tires or ...

The 328xi has all seasons on it. We just had 18' of snow in Illinois in December '10. No issue with handling or even getting stuck. The 330i I have dedicated summer and dedicated winter wheels and tire. Additionally I have removed those crappy runflats and purchased a spare from BavAuto. The right tire for the right conditions makes all the difference. ________________________________
    Let (Make) Them Come To You!!!

His - 2006 e90 330i l Jet Black l Dakota Black Leather l Sport l 6 Speed Manual | Logic 7

Hers - 2007 e92 328xi l Jet Black l Grey Dakota Leather l Premium l Steptronic | Nav | Comfort | Sport

Retired - 2006 e90 325xi, 2004 e83 X3 & 1999 e39 528i

MS330XI

Yes | No

Re: Does anyone here own a 328 IX coupe or sedan?

I recently traded in my 328XI (07) coupe for a 328 XI sedan (10). Loved the coupe but I decided I needed four doors. I live in Albany, NY, where there is plenty of snow and occasionally ice. I had four snow tires (Bridgestones) on four extra wheels and that more than covered me in any weather for both cars. You definitely do not need chains. All wheel drive and four snows are more than you'll ever need. By the way, gas mileage on the 328 is far better than the 335. My brother has the latter and there is no comparison. Good luck. MS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information