+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 19907 3literX5 is an unknown quantity at this point 3literX5's Avatar

Yes | No

Ferrari copies our cool car design!

I could not believe it when I saw the photos, but the new Ferrari design exercise looks supiciously familiar: check out the profile! Fianlly something to actually aspire to.

dp

Yes | No

saw that yesterday and thought same thing.

Registered Member
    Member No: 45881 mlobo is an unknown quantity at this point mlobo's Avatar

Yes | No

It even has a Hofmeister Kink.

Well, kinda. Interesting that the Coupe doesn't have the BMW signature elemant......

Kevin 368s #19

Skeeter_D

Yes | No

Have not heard that term in YEARS!!!

Funny! THAT brings back good memories! Had an old college friend with a rebuilt 2002, and he would find a way to insert "Hofmeister kink" into ANY car conversation we would have. Usually got blank stares in return. He thought it was great fun, but the rest of the crowd usually didn't "get it". Good times!

BTW... Had the Cobra out yesterday (nice, sunny weather, her in the south). Did a quick cruise to the beach & back! Still fun to drive, even if not all that comfortable! Thanks again, for all of your help with that transaction! I still owe you many beers!

Registered Member
    Member No: 45881 mlobo is an unknown quantity at this point mlobo's Avatar

Yes | No

I would guess.....

There are probably a lot of current Bimmerheads that don't even know that term. Even though it's a feature of most current BMWs, it's not a focus of the designs or of the marketing of the designs. Hell, they're not even calling themselves the Ultimate Driving Machine any longer. It's too bad that BMW is moving its focus away from what got them to where they are today. That's why I don't have any intention of buying another BMW any time soon. Maybe a Mini, but that's another animal altogether.

PS Come up with an excuse to come to Colorado, and we'll beer it up for sure!

Kevin 368s #19

Skeeter_D

Yes | No

Agree!!! The Z-4 is too "plush" for me...

The 135i looks somewhat fun, but I have not driven one yet. Have you looked into the Fiat 500 Albrath (sp?)? Not sure when or if it will come to the states, but it could be a sporty, nimble little ride...

Very few modern cars have "personality" today. WE own one of the last with that claim. The new Lexus HT200 looks interesting, but I doubt that it will have any sort of personality. Almost everything seems to come from the same cookie cutter, with the same performance to match. Not thrilled about car shopping again, when the time comes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information