+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 33241 Nelsonbimmer is an unknown quantity at this point Nelsonbimmer's Avatar

Yes | No

BMW 90 88 6 111 410 Head Align Tool

I've ordered the BMW special too 90 88 111 410 Head Align Tool from Samstag at the beginning of January and was told it will take three weeks for deliver. I was okay with that but I just called to check status and was told another 3 weeks. YIKES. I've had my car torn apart to replace the valve cover gaskets, powder coated the covers and removed the upper timing covers to replace those gaskets too. This tool is required to reinstall the upper timing covers.

How has anyone resolved the issue of not having the tool? Is it really needed? I know one guy reported using a flat stock bar but I cannot locate that post at this point.

Your help is definately appreciated.

I'd love to get my e39 back together.

David'06 BMW X5 4.8is Sapphire Black/Black mfg 10/2005 58k
    '01 BMW 540i Sport Jet Black/Black mfg 11/2000 90k
    '00 Jeep Wrangler Sport White/Tan cloth 82k
    '06 BMW Z3 Rider Green/Tan Seat (daughters push car)

User Level 8
    Member No: 21320 edjack will become famous soon enough edjack's Avatar

Yes | No

There's no picture of the tool in the TIS nor>>

Bentley. The description of use seems to imply that it is used to position the valve cover-to-upper cover so that the gasket will seal properly, and it does this by simulating the valve cover gasket.

I'd wait for the tool, unless you know how the tool is supposed to work, and you can substitute something.
    Ed in San Jose. BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319). Golden Gate Chapter. '97 540i 6 speed. Build Date 3/97. Aspensilber over Aubergine leather.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information