+ Reply to Thread
    rwthomas1

Yes | No

Aftermarket wheels with centering rings?

I've a bent set of style5's and a fugly set of style32 on the 540 now but looking for a decent set of wheels for low coinage. Found a set of 17x8 Sport Edition KM11 20mm offset wheels which look okay but I'm assuming I'll need centering rings for the E39 fit. Are centering rings an issue on the notoriously persnickety E39 suspension? I have Enkei RS6's on the wifes Veedub with centering rings, no issues to speak of... Thanks, RT

User Level 8
    Member No: 21320 edjack will become famous soon enough edjack's Avatar

Yes | No

The E39 wheel has a bore diameter of 74.1 mm>

Are the afremarket wheels hub-centric? You may actually need an adapter.

Whether you'll have trouble or not depends on the machining accuracy of the wheel and the adapter.
    Ed in San Jose. BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319). Golden Gate Chapter. '97 540i 6 speed. Build Date 3/97. Aspensilber over Aubergine leather.

Registered Member
    Member No: 21537 sktn77a is an unknown quantity at this point sktn77a's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Aftermarket wheels with centering rings?

You will most likely need hubcentric mounting rings. Most generic wheels are manufactured with an oversized centerbore so that they will fit all cars (with the use of the appropriately sized centering rings). Just meake sure the ceterbore is rqual or greater than 74.1mm.

Keith
    2001 530i 5sp

BigRickMc50

Yes | No

Re: The E39 wheel has a bore diameter of 74.1 mm>

Maybe that's why an ad for Hubcentric Rings at "JustForWheels.com" is included in this thread.

piperguy

Yes | No

Re: Aftermarket wheels with centering rings?

My 530i Sport has Ronal 16x7 with Dunlop Winter Sports for the snow sneakers. These came from Tire Rack with centering rings installed. Fit fine and no issues at least up to 100, can't vouch for more than that as they are snow sneakers and I didn't want to push......

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information