+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 120267 zauber is an unknown quantity at this point zauber's Avatar

Yes | No

Goodyear stopped making my tire size!

I love the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires on my 2002 330Ci (w/sport package). Like many cars with a staggered set-up, my rear tires need replacing, while my front tires have plenty of miles left in them. My quandary is this: Goodyear no longer makes the Eagle F1 GS-D3 in the size I need for the rear axle: 255/35/18. They do make them in 255/40/18. They also make the Eagle F1 Asymmetric XL in 255/35/18, which is what Tire Rack recommends. The tread pattern on the XL looks very different from the GS-D3 and I am concerned that the mismatch will result in diminished handling.

About an hour searching online trying to find the GS-D3s from another vendor yielded no results. Does anyone know where I could find a pair of new Eagle F1 GS-D3 size 255/35/18 for my car? Also, have any of you run with (any brand) 255/40/18 tires on the rear of your sport package-equipped e46? If so, did you notice any difference from the 255/35/18 setup?

Last year I participated in 4 autocrosses and plan on doing at least that many in 2011. I donít plan to do any track days.

I live in upstate New York and store my car for the winter, so I donít need the tires for a few months. If I need to order them from far, far away, that wonít be a problem.

Registered Member
    Member No: 93023 Stinger9 is on a distinguished road Stinger9's Avatar

Yes | No

There are lots of great tires to buy for

reasonable prices.
    If I were you I'd just shop for rear tires that are as close to the Goodyear's as you can find. You know not to mix tires on the same axle, but front to rear should be something you could adjust to easily.

Registered Member
    Member No: 59809 jsk977 is an unknown quantity at this point jsk977's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Goodyear stopped making my tire size!

I have the same 18" style 71 SP wheels and had a set of the same tires that needed replacement about a year ago. I went as far as contacting Goodyear directly to see if they knew of any existing inventory... they were helpful(when I finally got to the right person) but couldn't locate any. Finally switched to Bridgestone.

User Level 8
    Member No: 59049 hoscarnag has a little shameless behaviour in the past hoscarnag's Avatar

Yes | No

go with the Tire Rack recommendation...you'll be

fine
    Photobucket

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information