+ Reply to Thread
    DanB

Yes | No

Will air leak after MAF cause rich condition?

Just failed smog today for the first time in 90k miles of being supercharged, with my CO2 and HC about double the max allowed! The car has brand new cats, maf, injectors, relatively new 02 sensors, and the car runs ok for the most part. The car also threw three codes a few weeks ago: -Pre Cat 02 sensor response time, cyl 1-4 and 5-8, and -Catalyst efficiency cyl 1-4.

My suspicion is that the last shop to work on the car may not have attached my hoses correctly and there is an air leak after the MAF. Would that cause a rich condition that would account for my situation?

Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 4328 jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev's Avatar

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Just failed smog today for the first time in 90k miles of being supercharged, with my CO2 and HC about double the max allowed! The car has brand new cats, maf, injectors, relatively new 02 sensors, and the car runs ok for the most part. The car also threw three codes a few weeks ago: -Pre Cat 02 sensor response time, cyl 1-4 and 5-8, and -Catalyst efficiency cyl 1-4.

My suspicion is that the last shop to work on the car may not have attached my hoses correctly and there is an air leak after the MAF. Would that cause a rich condition that would account for my situation?

Thanks
    It should be causing you to run rich if the leak is after the MAF. The MAF will be reading all of the air that is suppose to be going into the engine with the appropiate amount of fuel for that air flow. So if some of said air isn't making it into the engine, then you will be running rich.
    Have you looked at all of the connections to see if they are tight?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 174.62.177.126

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information