+ Reply to Thread
    Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 91804 Bolkow105 is an unknown quantity at this point Bolkow105's Avatar

Yes | No

mad, must vent, errrrh.

Just spent a week trying to buy a 1988 635 from a guy in Moreno Valley, CA via ****trader.com. Agreed on a price, car needed some work, sent the money via paypal, arranged shipping, paid deposit for shipping. Now, this afternoon, the guy calls and says he has changed his mind and he is gonna let the car sit in his garage a few more years because his wife is sentimentaly attached to the car. This is from a man who had the car for over 20 years and did not realize that it has self-leveling rear suspension. Meanwhile he has been telling me how many other people have called him about the car. Duh, with better offers??? So, he says he is sending the money back....and who gets to eat the shipping deposit???
    Anyway, if someone is looking to buy a white 1988 635CSi from a retired Boeing fella in Moreno Valley, watch out, the guy is a world class dishonest dilusional flake.
    Did I really say that about a fellow human being? oh the horror. Repent, repent. Bill-'94 740i
    '98 540i
    '87 L6

Registered Member
    Member No: 31779 iam4ecu is an unknown quantity at this point iam4ecu's Avatar

Yes | No

Don't know if this one is still for sale, but...

looks like a really nice car.

From the Roadfly Classifieds

As far as the sale, car guys are often a little kooky, though I'd want him to make good on the shipping deposit. You might check to see if you have any legal right to make him stick to the deal, but that would likely be more trouble than it is worth.

Bill

Yes | No

Re: Don't know if this one is still for sale, but...

Sounds sweet, may look into it if the one I am now bidding on falls thru.
    Yah, would like to hold him legally responsible for the shipping deposit but the cost of a legal eagle would be prohibitive. Best I can do is villify him over the internet and generally blacken the name of any 635 owners from Moreno Valley, CA.

Registered Member
    Member No: 165856 LeeDKaiser is an unknown quantity at this point LeeDKaiser's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Don't know if this one is still for sale, but...

Have you asked him to pay for the deposit? He may realize that he is at least morally on the hook, and that could lead to a negotiation.

Agree that legal avenue is more trouble than it's worth.

Hope you end up with the ride that makes you feel it was all worthwhile.

Lee

Bill

Yes | No

I did point out where I thought......

He had a moral, and legal, obligation. Which I am sure he will ignoire.
    This is actually all my own fault since I had an L6 which ran quite well tho it had some flaws. A friend of mine had to have it, even after I pointed out every trouble spot. Loved the car. I had never sold a car to a friend before so I worried incesantly about him having trouble with the car. Never happen, he loves the car.
    So I end up looking for a replacement and dealing with a moral midget.
    Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. If the one I am bidding on falls thru I will look into it. I can only deal for one at a time or I'll end up with a whole yard full of them.
    Regards
    Bill

Registered Member
    Member No: 14506 KER is an unknown quantity at this point KER's Avatar

Yes | No

Yup...drove it today! :)

Kev
    '89 635 CSi/5 - The Dot
    PSF I, II, III, IV, V Attendee

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information