+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 69391
    Inner Circle ©139 since: Mar 28, 2005 bimmer2.8 is an unknown quantity at this point bimmer2.8's Avatar

Yes | No

need OEM z3 rear window

My 14 year old rear window finally cracked and gave up the ghost. cold day....lift top....crack.

i need a new OEM zip in window....for 100 bucks....i don't really want that homemade one on ebay for 86...i want one that has the pipping to tuck the top into.

does anyone on here have one laying around new they want to get rid of?

i can't believe OEM windows have gone from 100 bucks on ebay 4 or so years ago to over 300 or more. just ridiculous for a piece of platic.

thanks

Hank
    p.s. as always 2.8s RULE!

scotymac

Yes | No

Re: need OEM z3 rear window

Bavarian Autosport has a returned window w/o zipper pull or those little metal clamps for $160. Just a thought.

Inner Circle ©139 since: Mar 28, 2005 bimmer2.8 is an unknown quantity at this point bimmer2.8's Avatar

Yes | No

yeah i saw that one.....and i can live without that stuff, but thought i would give the forum a shot. never know who has what laying around and they may need 100 bucks.

thanks though.

Hank

Registered Member
    Member No: 167837 Bob2.8 is an unknown quantity at this point Bob2.8's Avatar

Yes | No

Glad to see you still have the Z, after you sold a "big item" to support the Packard.

Yes | No

yeah. that money is for the motor on the Packard, its sitting waiting to purchase my parts from a fellow Packard guy as soon as he gets everything together and gets done regriding the cam. i'm having a heck of a time finding a good block though.

seems like this board has lost alot of its flare.....not much going on here it seems.

i shoulda bought a new OEM window years ago when they were cheap i think. they have blown up in price in the last 3 or 4 years it seems. 100-110 was the norm then if i remember right and that was for one with the correct pipping.

i'll probably end up buying that 86 dollar one on ebay just because really the whole top needs to be replaced and i don't see myself buying a 300 dollar window for a 14 year old top. the tops hanging in there, so i wont replace it till i absolutely have to.

Yes | No

i just bought a whole new top, screw it....

for 350 bucks shipped, original equipment materials and straps, etc.

i'll do it myself too. anybody who knows this car and me knows this wont be that big of a deal.

later Zed peeps.

Hank

Yes | No
    instructions were good enough...but one thing they left out was not to cut the back straps on each side....i sliced right through them and had to order new ones at 36 a piece. you can see in the directions that they don't cut them, but they never say not to...they just say cut the top from the back frame.....i took them literally i guess.

you need a HD stapler w/ 10mm stainless steel staples, some torx sockets, screwdrivers, spray adhesive, and i used some rtv silicone to seal things up good. its not that difficult really, but i do recommend a helper, my mom helped and she came in handy many times holding things, etc...

now my DIY level is pretty high...i have done every single thing to this car...i don't let anyone touch it. but just use common sense and you'll be fine.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 204.139.85.158

Registered Member
    Member No: 175083 northz is an unknown quantity at this point northz's Avatar

Yes | No
    Thanks for the web site. I have been debating new OEM or aftermarket top for the 3 years we have owned the car. I have one on order awaiting to clear customs to be delivered to my door under $400. Even less now that the Cdn$ is worth more than the US buck.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 174.114.88.184

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information