+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 118994 sixpack_7 is an unknown quantity at this point sixpack_7's Avatar

Yes | No

Valve tick when warm

I have an interesting problem with my 05' X3. I has a valve tick but only after the engine warms up for a few minutes.

The story started out with water getting into my crank case. Not a lot but enough to get into the Crank case vent valve and stick it closed and blow out my valve cover gasket. I replaced all associated parts and changed the oil but the tick remains. I was told of a bleed procedure of holding the engine at 3k RPM for a few minutes but that didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas? I REALLY don't want to take it to the dealer. I am fairly handy with tools and am confident i can do just about anything that needs to be done to check it out or fix it.

Unregistered

Yes | No

Engine noise, valve ticking

I have the same sound in my '05. If you increase the rpm from idle, it stops. If you remove the oil filler cap it changes the sound drastically. Somehow I think it's related to the polution control system. The dealer said it was idler bearings. But at 40,000 miles, I doubt that given the symptoms I describe
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.226.71.209

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information