+ Reply to Thread
    Paul

Yes | No

E350 tire profile

My friend has a 2007 E350 sedan 4matic and she keeps blowing out tires. She is running 17" tires with a very low profile. The dealer keeps telling her that she has to run this low profile tire and that there is no other option for a beefier tire. I think the dealer is just selling her a line as she has bought 7 new tires in the last two years. Does anyone have a recommendation for a tire with more profile?

Registered Member
    Member No: 92942 bestoverall is an unknown quantity at this point bestoverall's Avatar

Yes | No
    I'm in the same situation. My wife drives the same exact model with 18" tires. These low profile tires develop air bubbles so easily that she went through 5 ~ 6 tires within the last 2 years. We do have a tire insurance, but recently maxed out on the coverage. The Continental oem tires seem not very reliable. I'm thinking of changing them out to another brand like Good Year Eagles which are almost half the price or perhaps go to 50 profiles instead of 40.

Any advice would be useful!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 47.19.56.11

User Level 1
    Member No: 199428 djbamber is an unknown quantity at this point djbamber's Avatar

Yes | No
    I would suggest going to a website like tire rack.com. You can compare different sizes, I have a 2007 E350 sport. I think that a 245/45r18 would be a comparable tire to check!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.223.110.214

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information