+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 85316 exam23 is an unknown quantity at this point exam23's Avatar

Yes | No

Comfort Access 2006 750Li

I just changed the battery on with my FOB. Now this is starting to happen... Once the car goes to complete sleep, i am no longer able to open the door by just lifting the handle. I have the push at least one button to wake the car up before i can lift the handle to unlock.

Any suggestions? This has never happened in the pass.

Guidance is truly appreciated!!!Exam23
    lckl8@hotmail.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 172711 06BMW750LI is an unknown quantity at this point 06BMW750LI's Avatar

Yes | No
    As I understand it, its hit or miss if you replace the battery. Replacing the battery can prevent it from "syncing" with the car which you will need the dealer to program the remote. I have done both, just recently I replaced the battery and everything worked fine afterwards.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.53.229.215

MarkinArizona

Yes | No

RE: Comfort Access 2006 750Li

I have a 2008 750il w/ CA, too. Take the key into the dealership and have them re-synch it for you.

My dealer doesn't even charge for this kind of piddling stuff, but some will hit you for 1/2 hour labor (and that's a good reason to buy your next car someplace else if they do so). Sometimes if you do the battery change VERY fast and before the keyfob goes completely dead, the car won't "notice" there was an interruption of the power to the key. Other times it's off to the dealer for the synch stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by exam23 View Post
    I just changed the battery on with my FOB. Now this is starting to happen... Once the car goes to complete sleep, i am no longer able to open the door by just lifting the handle. I have the push at least one button to wake the car up before i can lift the handle to unlock.

Any suggestions? This has never happened in the pass.

Guidance is truly appreciated!!!Exam23
    lckl8@hotmail.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 72.201.89.48

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information