+ Reply to Thread
    Andy 85 M635

Yes | No

Most juvenile moment in your M635....

For me it was today! I was first in line for the green arrow and had a suped up civic behind me. I didn't pop the clutch or anything, but I quickly mashed the gas just right while simultaneously letting the clutch out (10 years of experience with this car) such that I broke the rear wheels free and had to right myself going into the turn as I quickly grabbed second, leaving a black arc of rubber behind me. Left that unsuspecting Civic waaaay behind.

Yes, I'm a grown man in my 40's, but I wasn't speeding and....it was fun :-)

Homer

Yes | No

Re: Most juvenile moment in your M635....

Soon after I got my M6 I was demonstrating (read-showing off) for a buddy riding along. I tromped it it going into a right turn and showed him a rocket ship on rails doing a 90 degree. Thinking back on it and imaginning if it had broke loose and there was another car coming up that side street I get to feeling real stupid.

Ray7er6ers5er3er

Yes | No

A few to mention but...

one of my favorites is when I litterally 'smoked' a Mustang GT, we were 'playing' on the freeway then got a wide open freeway and went top end....his car litterally started smoking and I left him behind.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.136.13.141

Registered Member
    Member No: 56516 FlyNavy is an unknown quantity at this point FlyNavy's Avatar

Yes | No
    in one respect - it was when I purchased (her) without inspection via Au!oTr*der from a lawyer (a shark from a shark?) and didn't expect "Don't (specifically) Ask Don't Tell" to be in effect with regards to condition representation ... but I've come to love (her) despite a few flaws .. because (she's) still sexy, has her sche!sse together, and responds well to TLC. :-)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 50.39.204.194

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 97607 Particle is an unknown quantity at this point Particle's Avatar

Yes | No
    My most juvenile moment with my shark (my second one) was when I let my friend, a street mechanic, borrow it. He took her around the block and while about 50 people watching he turned back onto the street - drifting her @ss! What a sight! I didn't do it, but i witnessed it! Our sharks look so sexy drifting around corners!
    Last edited by Particle; 04-14-2011 at 11:12 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 198.228.225.32

Bob C

Yes | No

..was in front of my peers...

...at SE Sharkfest last year. At a light on the way to Sunday breakfast, leading a school of Sharks. Blasted off sideways, squawked in second, over the rise M88 singing. Huh huh.
    Looked back at empty road.
    Nobody. Came. With. Me.

Uncoolness pervaded the rest of my morning, but that was all back before I turned 66 and got maturity.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 74.179.166.132

Registered Member
    Member No: 11857 gkrea1 is an unknown quantity at this point gkrea1's Avatar

Yes | No
    I won't go into details. It was a couple years ago, and involved a great deal of tire smoke, a parking lot with other bimmerphiles, and a warning from management.
    Greg Rea
    1985 M639 arctic blue shark II
    1989 E32/M30 white whale
    ex-1965 Ford Falcon Futura Convertible (302 H.O. auto, still in the family)
    ex-1986 E24 turbo arctic blue shark I (sold 3/07)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.66.198.79

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information