+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 50889 RichRocky is an unknown quantity at this point RichRocky's Avatar

Yes | No

2003 745Li w/120K -vacuum leak under fuel injectio

I now have 120K on my 2003 745Li. I had the 100K warranty & maintenance and that was great. I had a water pump, light control module and timing cover gaskets replaced since the warranty went off. I now have a check engine light and the dealer says it a leak in a rubber vacuum line under the fuel injection system. They want like >$1000 to fix the leak. I've been runnnig the car for 2 months with the light and it runs fine so I'm not in any rush to fix the leak. Has anyone else had this leak in the rubber vacuum line under the fuel injection system? Luckily I live in Florida where they don;t have emission checks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

Did he explain or show you that it was related to

the air pump supply tubes or was it related to the fuel tank emission vent system or maybe the crankcase vent hoses. It would help to know what he really thought it was. There are not THAT many vacuum hoses on the newer cars (like the old ones). Lots of electronics though.

Registered Member
    Member No: 50889 RichRocky is an unknown quantity at this point RichRocky's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Did he explain or show you that it was related to

They checked it with some peice of equipment and said it was a rubber hose onj the top of the engine but under the fuel injection system. They have to remove the fuel injection system to repalce that ceap hose. Sounds cazy to put a $5 rubber hose in a place where it cost you a $1000 to replace it. It can't be a big leak becasue I can't hear any suction, but when I have the service light reset it totook a few days and it came on again.

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

I think you need to develop a relationship with a

good Indy now that you are out of warrenty. They may have done a smoke test to find the leak.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information