+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 111955 MrAbody is an unknown quantity at this point MrAbody's Avatar

Yes | No

Freshen up z3 interior

Hi All,

my poor 99 roadster needs the interior freshened up. Specifically the area around the shifter and black vinyl 'hockey sticks' that run up the sides of the console.

What have you guys done to fix these 2 parts? I have the plain jane black interior, no nice burlwood (wish I did!). I am thinking sanding the console and then painting with plastic paint. The 'hockey sticks' I am thinking using spray plasti-dip, I used it to refinish a trans am steering wheel once and that worked ok.

How hard is it to remove the console in order to do this?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

TexZan (Dover, DE)

Yes | No

You tried Leather Z yet?

Leather Z has good stuff to get you started.

Registered Member
    Member No: 10751 skin_mechanic is an unknown quantity at this point skin_mechanic's Avatar

Yes | No
    Does the plastic trim look oxidized and faded to gray? If so I would try a rubber/plastic trim restorer before considering a resurfacing. Removing the console is a tedious PITA, but you can pull it off in under an hour. Note that some 'experts'(Haynes manual) state that the hockey sticks are attached with clips and can be removed by prying, that information is totally WRONG. They are screwed to the sides of the console panel, prying on them will break the attaching points.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 97.82.28.90

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information