+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 170217 Giznaz is on a distinguished road Giznaz's Avatar

Yes | No

Wow. New BBB software

So, I get to be the first in the Roadster area *doin a little happy dance*
    Last edited by Giznaz; 03-16-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    '99 Z3, '04 X5

Experience is something you don't get, until just after you need it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 24.16.84.173

Administrator Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 1
    Inner Circle ©196 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

Yes | No
    Welcome to 2003 Roadfly :-)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Admin IP hidden

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 28222
    Inner Circle ©161 since: Apr 24, 2003 MinnMark is an unknown quantity at this point MinnMark's Avatar

Yes | No
    I guess this is going to take a bit to get used to.... The old homestead may not have been the most modern in the world, but is WAS home for the last 12 years or so!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 74.44.210.145

Registered Member
    Member No: 6581 jtp is an unknown quantity at this point jtp's Avatar

Yes | No
    I agree, Mark. So here's my question - I prefer the old layout where I could scroll through the various threads and see if any subject line grabbed my attention. With threads being collapsed like this, I can't do that. Is there any way for us to change a setting so that threads are automatically expanded for scrolling?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 24.183.51.165

Inner Circle ©196 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Yes | No
    Alan is going to work on a "Roadfly view" soon and should have something in a couple weeks. We know a lot of people loved the true threaded format of Roadfly

Registered Member
    Member No: 10751 skin_mechanic is an unknown quantity at this point skin_mechanic's Avatar

Yes | No
    I'm not much one for change, but at least now we can preview our posts and corekt eni speleng airores. I'm assuming we will be getting a plethora of lameass emoticons eventually, until then I'll provide my own
    Last edited by skin_mechanic; 03-16-2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 97.82.28.90

Registered Member
    Member No: 21056 mbmz3 is an unknown quantity at this point mbmz3's Avatar

Yes | No
    Oh, if we are going to add something, I liked the link to the Z3 lounge at the top of the page.

Change is always a challenge, we'll get used to it.

Speaking of site changes has anyone gone out to motorsports.com lately. Now that site has really changed!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 66.0.4.164

Registered Member
    Member No: 10751 skin_mechanic is an unknown quantity at this point skin_mechanic's Avatar

Yes | No
    I don't even see why the lounge made the transition, it was dead anyways The Guzzi MB only has one forum, if a member wants to post something off-topic they just put (NGC) in the subject line. Granted there is a high percentage of off-topic posts on that board, but it fosters friendships beyond the love of the marque.

Member No: 69391
    Inner Circle ©138 since: Mar 28, 2005 bimmer2.8 is an unknown quantity at this point bimmer2.8's Avatar

Yes | No

another question for 'head honcho' aka charlie

one of the reasons i quit posting here is that i did roadfly a favor a few years ago and taped a segment that was on my local news for Alan. NOBODY would step up and help out, so i did and i sent the tape to him, in return he gave me IC membership for life, but obviously that was stripped a long time ago. I guess it doesn't matter that much, but when i figured it out i decided.....screw this.....that's shaddy.....and quit posting. i recently came back and have been posting a bit here and there, but it still bothers me my IC was just gone one day when it was supposed to be never ending.

i do like the new format....cause i tell you.....the old z3 board was DEAD....not just the z3 lounge....the WHOLE THING was dead....maybe 5 people ever post these days, just a couple of the die hards. i remember when you could hit refresh every 10 minutes and there was activity, but i guess......z3 getting older.....alot of people are moving on. hopefully this new board will bring in the new owners of these recycled z3s.......i mean everyone loves emoticons right???

also i know i have more than 87 posts.....none of my sig line is visibile.....i can't see my own account......etc etc....

Hank
    Last edited by bimmer2.8; 03-18-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 204.139.85.158

Registered Member

Yes | No
    It'll probably bring some new people in, and turn some of the old timers off. The Z3 is just another old used car now, mine more so than others. I don't think we'll be seeing an influx of people who just want to hang out and socialize with other Z3 owners, just newbies looking to get answers about issues with their new ride.

Registered Member
    Member No: 6581 jtp is an unknown quantity at this point jtp's Avatar

Yes | No
    Did you mention it to Alan/Charlie when your IC dropped? It may have been something automated rather than intentional. Just a thought.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 24.183.51.165

Unregistered

Go Back

I prefer the old version of this site.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 153.90.238.25

Member No: 2
    Inner Circle ©233 since: Apr 01, 1997 alan is on a distinguished road alan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer2.8 View Post
    one of the reasons i quit posting here is that i did roadfly a favor a few years ago and taped a segment that was on my local news for Alan. NOBODY would step up and help out, so i did and i sent the tape to him, in return he gave me IC membership for life, but obviously that was stripped a long time ago. I guess it doesn't matter that much, but when i figured it out i decided.....screw this.....that's shaddy.....and quit posting. i recently came back and have been posting a bit here and there, but it still bothers me my IC was just gone one day when it was supposed to be never ending.

i do like the new format....cause i tell you.....the old z3 board was DEAD....not just the z3 lounge....the WHOLE THING was dead....maybe 5 people ever post these days, just a couple of the die hards. i remember when you could hit refresh every 10 minutes and there was activity, but i guess......z3 getting older.....alot of people are moving on. hopefully this new board will bring in the new owners of these recycled z3s.......i mean everyone loves emoticons right???

also i know i have more than 87 posts.....none of my sig line is visibile.....i can't see my own account......etc etc....

Hank
    Hey Hank! I still have the video tape from that segment when 'Guru Reports' was on the news in Dallas. Thank you for that!

You were indeed supposed to have IC for life. The problem is our old software was iffy and all cobbled together, so we didn't actually have an automated way to mark it 'for life'. We'll get that fixed up in the new system today. If you notice any more issues with it ever again, please email and let me know!

About your post count--we're still running some maint scripts, so it should be getting closer to getting right. It is taking a long time for all the various scripts to crawl through all 13 million posts and get everything adjusted right.

I just fixed your IC membership. Good thing Alan was hangin' out over here. ;-)

User Level 8
    Member No: 6602 fredr is on a distinguished road fredr's Avatar

Yes | No

It will take me a while to get used to the new format.

As one of the few old timers left I can remember when this was an offshoot of an Acura Integra board. I know Alan & Charley will make the transition as seamless as possible. Have fun!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 75.91.194.220

Yes | No
    Thanks Fred! We've really appreciated all of your support over the years.

Have a nice weekend.

-Charlie

Member No: 69391
    Inner Circle ©138 since: Mar 28, 2005 bimmer2.8 is an unknown quantity at this point bimmer2.8's Avatar

Yes | No
    Thanks alot Alan and Charlie. Alan, i'm happy you remember that and still have the tape....all be it....80s technology LOL! i don't think i even owned a dvd player back in those days! LOL. yes yes i know it wasn't all that long ago..;0)

i am glad Alan was hangin out in this neck of the woods. ;0) but we are both located in Texas ;0P sorry i should have said something the day i realized it, my bad, i shouldn't have assumed.

Charlie if that is your truck in you avatar.....careful.....a guy locally "accidently" ran over a 23 year old girl with his big monster truck. says he didn't see her and i can see why. ran her over with both tires. course he was intoxicated, but the truck was taller than me at the bottom of the frame...6'4" and the tires were HUGE! i'm sure that would never happen to you, but the avatar reminded me of the news story last night.

thanks alot again for hooking me back into the matrix and for all the hard work and determination, even with some negative comments from people, on making this transition to the new boards.

Hank
    Last edited by bimmer2.8; 03-18-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 204.139.85.158

Yes | No
    Thank you Hank! We appreciate your participation and helping with the Guru taping.

Re: the truck, nah, not my truck. My truck is a regular old 2004 Tundra. I was at SEMA w/ Revhigh and we were messing around w/some of the monsterish trucks. We were taking pictures with them almost as a joke. ;-)

102-0280_IMG.JPG

Registered Member
    Member No: 21597 z3bigdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point z3bigdaddy's Avatar

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Giznaz View Post
    So, I get to be the first in the Roadster area *doin a little happy dance*
    And u r happy cuz?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 74.51.27.3

Registered Member
    Member No: 13295 bryanclar is on a distinguished road bryanclar's Avatar

Yes | No

bryanclar vs TexZan

Charlie,

I tried sending this as a message but it didn't work.

First, good job on the transition. I can only imagine the work involved. Personally I liked the old stuff but I'm trying to like the site and I'm sure it will grow on me (there's a lot to like, it's just different and I'm set in my ways)...anyway, two questions:

1: My login name is bryanclar but I go by the handle TexZan and have for over 10 years now (originally TEKSAN, but you get the idea). It won't let me display TexZan on the left, it always shows bryanclar (and no one knows me by that name). Did I miss a setting somewhere? Is there anything I can do about this? I know I can make a new account with TexZan as my username but it makes a difference when someone sees a high number of posts next to a user as opposed to a newbie.
    I hope this makes sense to you and I'm sure there's a simple setting somewhere that I missed. Any help would be great.

2: Is there going to be a mobile version enhanced for iphones, androids, etc?

Thanks a ton, and keep up the good work...I'm trying to get used to this...
    Last edited by bryanclar; 03-19-2011 at 11:53 PM.
    TexZan

97 2.8 Arctic Silver - Tanin Red interior with wood console - black top
    Whalen Shift Machine, polished - Type II windscreen (non roll-hoops) - Bilstein HD shocks/struts
    Axxis Metal Master pads - Brembo rotors - Doug Whalen seat bushings
    Passenger Eject (unfortunately non-functional) - OEM Passenger Airbag Disable switch
    Polk Audio all around - Blaupunkt PA amps - LeatherZ Mark II armrest - Strong Strut Trio -
    AUX input via tapedeck
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 67.162.248.179

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information