+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 185737 Genine is an unknown quantity at this point Genine's Avatar

Yes | No

Help - Insurance Claim

Hi

I was hoping somebody could please help me as I don't know where else to turn. 2 months ago I was involved in a car accident - the other person was at fault. He finally lodged an insurance claim about a month ago, but now his insurance company says they can't action the claim until he pays his excess and gives them some "additional information" they require. They say they have pursued him many times but he won't return their calls or cooperate. I really don't think anything is going to happen here. I don't want to end up in court over it, the damages are about $1,100. Everyone says normally the insurance company should action the claim then chase up their client for what he owes. Any advice is appreciated!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 120.153.38.118

Registered Member
    Member No: 94415 jayb is on a distinguished road jayb's Avatar

Yes | No
    You indicate that you talked to the other person's insurance company. I would contact them again and ask them for a date when they will have this resolved. Ask them what has to be done by them and what is their target dates. Assuming they will not put this in writing to you, you document it and send that schedule to them saying that you expect this to be resolved no later then xx date, otherwise you will need to go to the State Insurance Commission to report them and also take legal action. I would also find out who the BOD are at the Insurance Company, list each one by name in your letter, and ask the insurance company for the BODís proper address for servicing legal notices individually at their current company or affiliation.
    Make sure to include a copy of the Police Report--and if you have not done that already, make sure that the report is accurate and address any omissions with the police officer. Contact the other driver in writing and indicate that this matter has not been addressed, when does he expect to have it settled, and that if you do not receive appropriate communication and payment from her or the insurance company by xxx date, you will be taking legal action against her.
    Ultimately, you can just take them into small claims court in most states, but you will need the above communication, police report showing who is at fault, etc. If it is not in writing--forget it. He-says She-says does not work well.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 98.221.146.6

User Level 1
    Member No: 191758 sonudagr88 is an unknown quantity at this point sonudagr88's Avatar

Yes | No
    Hi

I was hoping somebody could please help me as I don't know where else to turn. 2 months ago I was involved in a car accident - the other person was at fault. He finally lodged an insurance claim about a month ago, but now his insurance company says they can't action the claim until he pays his excess and gives them some "additional information" they require.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 122.176.185.95

Registered Member
    Member No: 94415 jayb is on a distinguished road jayb's Avatar

Yes | No
    What have you done with this situation in the last 6 months since you previously asked for help. You were given advice then, have you done followed it. Since this appears to be the identical request from November 2011 with no update, if you have decided not to follow advice--why post again on this board.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 98.221.146.6

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information