+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 16800 calemon is an unknown quantity at this point calemon's Avatar

Yes | No

Admins: Still having vBulletin problems

I'm not sure if this is just me or not, but I'm still having frequent problems with the new software. What usually happens is that 50%+ of the time certain functions won't work and will instead take me to a "you have reached a restricted area" error message.

I'm talking about things like editing messages ("save changes" will sometimes bring up this error), editing my profile (suddenly it will insist for a couple of hours that changing my avatar pic is a restricted action, but then decide to let me do it later that day).

Today it wouldn't let me save changes to one of my posts for the life of me. I had to post a new one and delete the old. This isn't just happening from April 21, a date mentioned in your front page bulletin. I can't figure out a pattern for when it does this but most of the time once it picks something it doesn't want to let me do I can't do it for hours and then suddenly it will work again.

Any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 76.10.131.55

Registered Member

Yes | No
    Still having problems. I'm trying to reply to a PM and every time I click "send" it goes to a one-liner error "you have reached a restricted area of the Roadfly site" or something very close to that.

I've logged out and back in to reset cookies, I've restarted my browser, I've changed every option on the screen, I've tried sending a new PM instead of a reply. Nothing works. If I wait 2 hours it might let me do it but will then deny me something else. What the heck? Am I the only one ever having issues?

Eurodavid: it's your PM I'm trying to reply to.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 142.77.80.21

Registered Member
    Member No: 23375 Gans will become famous soon enough Gans's Avatar

Yes | No
    Are you logged in during these problems?
    2000 528 5sp Premium Package. Titanium silver,grey leather, heated seats,folding seats, 6cd player, bone stock except ash tray mod. Garmin GPS
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 12.37.180.98

Registered Member
    Member No: 147798 eurodavid will become famous soon enough eurodavid will become famous soon enough eurodavid's Avatar

Yes | No
    Craig,

For some reason I didn't have any problems, and today was the first time (since we started with the new forum) that I checked my PMs. I even Pm-ed a reply back to Charlie about his thought on doing writeups with WordPress. Hope it too got through..

P.S. Did I get a good deal on that oil....my friend left 20mins ago, and it will take him another 3 hours to get there, still time to cancel if I have to ;-)
    EuroDavid
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 81.245.194.229

Registered Member

Yes | No
    Yes, I'm logged in. As I said I even logged off to clear the cookies and log back on.

I see this screen on a variety of functions. When I first posted about it, it was chronically showing me this error when I tried to edit my posts. I could make new posts, I could write PMs etc...etc... but I couldn't edit. A while later (between 6 hours and 6 days) it worked again. Now I can't reply or send a new PM to Eurodavid. I haven't tried again now after a couple of hours have passed. I'll go do that now.

EDIT: Stil can't : "You have reached a restricted area of the Roadfly.com website. "

EDIT 2: but no trouble editing posts today :)

EDIT 3: even better, I didn't get the error sending JYGy2k5285spCT a PM - only Eurodavid. God bless computers.

EDIT 4: was able to send if I removed [IMG] tags. I haven't established that as a pattern every other time I see the error. I am inserting IMGs using the standard tools in the editor so there are no syntax errors.
    Last edited by calemon; 05-05-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Registered Member
    Member No: 17983 horse325es is on a distinguished road horse325es's Avatar

Yes | No
    yes i get that restricted area message even when im logged in. i cant even see my own profile
    Andreas
    Queens NY
    BMWCCA# 186796
    86 325es (wrecked by careless driver)
    87 325 300k (project for life) aka 1BADETA/Christine
    89 525i 190k Winter/Drift Poutana
    00 540is 6spd 224k (daily driver) Rebuilt at 212k (Chain guide Failure) Record holder!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 24.90.58.245

Registered Member

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by horse325es View Post
    yes i get that restricted area message even when im logged in. i cant even see my own profile
    Yay, I'm not going insane. I had some problems in my own profile too, but a couple of days later I was able to do whatever it was I was originally trying to access. It's like the 'restricted area' moves around on me every couple of days affecting different things.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 76.10.131.55

Registered Member
    Member No: 17983 horse325es is on a distinguished road horse325es's Avatar

Yes | No
    Just clicked my profile and got this

horse325es, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Andreas
    Queens NY
    BMWCCA# 186796
    86 325es (wrecked by careless driver)
    87 325 300k (project for life) aka 1BADETA/Christine
    89 525i 190k Winter/Drift Poutana
    00 540is 6spd 224k (daily driver) Rebuilt at 212k (Chain guide Failure) Record holder!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 24.90.58.245

Administrator Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 1
    Inner Circle ©211 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

Yes | No
    Craig if you want me to help you please email me directly and I'll try and track down what is causing the error. From what I've read in the posts it sounds like you may be trying to hotlink to or upload a file which may contain some sort of virus.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Admin IP hidden

Registered Member

Yes | No
    You have email.

Administrator Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 1
    Inner Circle ©211 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

Yes | No
    I made some adjustments to the firewall. I emailed you back. Can you please try re-editing the post which caused the issue.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Admin IP hidden

User Level 1
    Member No: 189391 Jmark1425 is an unknown quantity at this point Jmark1425's Avatar

Yes | No
    Craig.

What kind of problem are you facing ?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 182.185.193.222

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information