+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 56726 lezonebay is an unknown quantity at this point lezonebay's Avatar

Yes | No

Mk Front Spoiler - painted Blue - long saga, please read

I'm not one to cry about bad ebay buyers, but this needs a story.

A guy named Augustin Pavel has purchased an MK front spoiler. From the beginning it seemed all good, paid fast, got the item, etc. I had to make a grille for him, as he also ordered it and I had trouble with it.
    Anyway he got all in and then starting telling me that the bumper does not fit. I sold 27 of these bumpers in a last 5 years. None complained, all went smoothly.
    After giving him some advise, he finally asked to return it. I agreed to refund and then he shipped it back. When I received the bumper, I found out that he painted the cover already - blue color.
    This was never mentioned before. I still offered him a refund with 20% deduction for the paint job, which by the way is really bad. Orange peel, fish-eye, a typical quick body shop paint job, most likely single stage paint.
    Obviously he found a bad body shop that not only could not paint the bumper decent, could not even install it.
    It does install different then the factory bumper, never said it would mount the same way.
    So this is when the name calling and threatening started. He took it to ebay arbitration but lost the case as a painted bumper qualifies as modified and there is no refund on modified item.
    My initial offer of 20% deduction was not good for him, he sent me some nasty emails.
    I decided to put the bumper on ebay, at a greatly reduced price. I offer it for sale at 279.99 plus shipping. There is nothing I can do about the shipping, its a large piece. I include the grille, new hardware which he never shipped back.
    Today I got an another name calling nasty threatening email from Augustine Pavel, saying that I'm trying to sell the bumper to a guy in TX for 500usd.

I never tried to sell, I put it on ebay and 2 person showed interest, one in NYC and one is Spain. Obviously I advised the person in Spain that shipping would be expensive, 275+ USD, but the guy in NYC is serious.

So, Augustine Pavel swears, that he will destroy me and the 850 owners are his "friends". Yet, none was able to help him with the installation.

So if you know Augustine Pavel, please explain to him that swearing, name calling and threats usually don't work. Not on me at least. Tell him that he has a painted bumper in SC with his name on it.
    I do not want his bumper, and I will NOT ship it back to him. He needs to come and collect it.

I have been away from the board for a while, but still sell some of the E31 stuff on ebay. My interest is E36 racing and not the E31, so I will also put up my E31 for sale. I drove a total of 500 miles last year.
    It does not suit my needs anymore, I have small 2 kids , I needed a 4 door so I got myself an E39 wagon.
    On the weekend joy rides, either the Z1 or the E36 race car. No time to enjoy the E31. It is time to move on, but I will never forget the E31 and the people I met with because of the E31. I still keep in touch with many of them and not only online, but in person. I will always have a sweet spot for the E31. I had 3 over the years. The first one was a 1995 840ci and then the 1997 840ci I still own, and a 1995 850CSI.
    I drove all except the euro CSI and sat in all incl the Dinan TT monsters. I love them all and I will miss it.
    I never tried to hurt anybody specially the E31 crowd, I tried and helped many times. I invested a great deal of money into the MK wheel deal, and still fighting for my money. Its an even longer story, not a place to explain that here.
    Whatever I have for the E31 will be up for grab on ebay incl. my white car. I have many great memories and Augustine Pavel will not ruin this for me.

I hope he comes to his sense and makes an apology and we can close this sorrow deal.

bottom line... if you want a Blue mediocre paint job on a MK spoiler, and want it badly, go on ebay and look me up -> mk_e31

Laszlo Makrai
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 98.84.126.196

Registered Member
    Member No: 185874 cartoonz is an unknown quantity at this point cartoonz's Avatar

Yes | No
    Lazlo,

While it is clear the guy is an idiot and his actions/words are ridiculous, I'm not sure I fully understand your issue...
    Did you complete the refund (less 20%)?
    If you did not, then destroy the part - it was fully paid for already.
    If you did complete the refund, then you won't lose any money by selling it for the 20%, right?
    Either way, you are whole, no loss.

Now, the guy is going to be upset with anything less than a full refund - which you have not given him and rightfully so - but when he sees the ugly painted spoiler on eBay being auctioned off for anything over whatever amount he lost, I can completely see how he is going to be upset. He already feels ripped off, justified or not - that's how he feels. There's no way he will feel less burned seeing you selling the spoiler at even more of a profit than you already made from the botched deal with him.

Sure, he's being a jerk about it but you selling it publicly this way at an even greater profit is not going to make him stop. Maybe at least be a little more discrete how you go about selling the thing?

...just my 8 cents anyway
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.102.130.143

Registered Member
    Member No: 167182 TxGR8White is an unknown quantity at this point TxGR8White's Avatar

Yes | No
    I agree - He paid for it, you got it back and the proper thing would be to destroy it or offer it up to someone with a track car for FREE.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 76.213.70.35

Registered Member
    Member No: 56726 lezonebay is an unknown quantity at this point lezonebay's Avatar

Yes | No

U Guys misunderstood me.

I wanted to give him full refund before I knew it was painted. Once I found it painted I wanted to give him -20% refund. He refused.
    He maintains the full refund. If I refund him, how is it making me not at loss ? Just because he paid for the shipping twice, Its not my money. Shipping company is who made out oke on this.
    If I give him refund and I keep the bumper its again, whatever I sell it and my cost - there is loss.
    These bumpers cost me right around 400usd. I'm selling them at my cost to get rid of them. I sat on them for over 3 years now. I want them sold and out. I have 3 left with his included.
    Sure at the moment I have a bumper which is paid but - I want to give him refund. The reason i offered it for sale at lower then 20% off, to get some money back. If I sell it, I will give him the 20% refund and unless he rejects the refund, he will get the money through paypal.
    I have no intention keeping the cover or selling it and not refunding his money. Not at all. I will also NOT destroy a bumper just because its sprayed blue in a cheap way. It still have value, specially for a person with a same color car and small pocket (so he would not mind the cheap paint) a decent paint job on these bumpers is about 200usd or so... or more. a cheap one is about 100-125 so there is an added value although only for those few with the same color.
    anyway no takers at the moment. I know it will find a home, I might drop the price further down. I added the grille as well, that is an another 29.95 value... all on sale. If I take a $100 loss, I will be oke with this, I just can't take a 400usd loss on his idiot actions.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 98.84.140.141

Unregistered

Yes | No

Fitment

I would have to add, purchasing the item from a professional company should insure proper fitment. Otherwise you would have to pay a bodyshop to intall the item, make sure it fits then remove the item, paint it and then reinstall?

Doesn't make sense to me. I would say manup and give the guy his money back. Obviously he wouldn't have gone through this hassle if the thing fit.

Quote Originally Posted by lezonebay View Post
    I wanted to give him full refund before I knew it was painted. Once I found it painted I wanted to give him -20% refund. He refused.
    He maintains the full refund. If I refund him, how is it making me not at loss ? Just because he paid for the shipping twice, Its not my money. Shipping company is who made out oke on this.
    If I give him refund and I keep the bumper its again, whatever I sell it and my cost - there is loss.
    These bumpers cost me right around 400usd. I'm selling them at my cost to get rid of them. I sat on them for over 3 years now. I want them sold and out. I have 3 left with his included.
    Sure at the moment I have a bumper which is paid but - I want to give him refund. The reason i offered it for sale at lower then 20% off, to get some money back. If I sell it, I will give him the 20% refund and unless he rejects the refund, he will get the money through paypal.
    I have no intention keeping the cover or selling it and not refunding his money. Not at all. I will also NOT destroy a bumper just because its sprayed blue in a cheap way. It still have value, specially for a person with a same color car and small pocket (so he would not mind the cheap paint) a decent paint job on these bumpers is about 200usd or so... or more. a cheap one is about 100-125 so there is an added value although only for those few with the same color.
    anyway no takers at the moment. I know it will find a home, I might drop the price further down. I added the grille as well, that is an another 29.95 value... all on sale. If I take a $100 loss, I will be oke with this, I just can't take a 400usd loss on his idiot actions.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.58.198.232

Registered Member
    Member No: 37993 buildable is an unknown quantity at this point buildable's Avatar

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would have to add, purchasing the item from a professional company should insure proper fitment. Otherwise you would have to pay a bodyshop to intall the item, make sure it fits then remove the item, paint it and then reinstall?
    Actually, that is EXACTLY how you do this.
    Every supplier of this type of product will tell you the same thing "Adjustments may be required for proper fit. Professional installation by a qualified auto-body shop recommended"

Look... if they guy was dissatisfied with the fit (which always needs to be checked before painting the item) he should have returned it then. Obviously, he never even bothered to check it first and then made the item virtually worthless by painting it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.102.145.238

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information