+ Reply to Thread
    EricPDX-M3

Yes | No

Dreaded Rear View Mirror Leak

Well, after seven years it finally happened to me. The mirror has a haze and appears to have dripped some of the fluid onto the plastic around the shift boot and on the hazard/central locking buttons. It looks like the fluid melted the plastic and ruined the paint (spidering) on the console. I guess it's gone since new in 2004 so probably longer than average but still sucks.

My question for the group is; does anyone know if Sybesma's Electronics is still the best source for these? Also, does the kit come with instructions for disassembly/reassembly of the mirror?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 67.5.129.175

Registered Member
    Member No: 110885 goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy's Avatar

Yes | No
    I found some instructions on line on removing the mirror. As ususal with trim on a BMW, there's a trick and if you don't know the trick you'll break something. I didn't save the link. I'll see if I can find it again. Plan B is that I'll e-mail you the .pdf when I get home tomorrow.

I've been putting on removing mine (no leaks, just lava-lamp followed by all clean and distorted. You convinced me yank that ***** (the mirror, that is) when I get home.

I'm getting a $600 bump on Soutwest. Whoop, whoop, whoop!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 75.201.201.3

Registered Member
    Member No: 110885 goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy's Avatar

Yes | No
    Send me an e-mail and I'll send you the .pdf.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 68.46.232.119

Unregistered

Yes | No

liquid removal

Quote Originally Posted by EricPDX-M3 View Post
    Well, after seven years it finally happened to me. The mirror has a haze and appears to have dripped some of the fluid onto the plastic around the shift boot and on the hazard/central locking buttons. It looks like the fluid melted the plastic and ruined the paint (spidering) on the console. I guess it's gone since new in 2004 so probably longer than average but still sucks.

My question for the group is; does anyone know if Sybesma's Electronics is still the best source for these? Also, does the kit come with instructions for disassembly/reassembly of the mirror?

Thanks,
    Eric

Hello Eric

I got the same thing and it got onto the leather seats and could not get off, do you know of any thing that might help cleaning that?

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 131.151.26.69

EricPDX-M3

Yes | No

Leak - No way to clean

I wasn't successful getting any of it cleaned up. Fortunately it was confined to my center console but it destroyed everything it touched. I tried everything but it deformed the plastic and the coatings regardless. Still looks terrible but not putting much effort into this car any more...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.193.224.85

Unregistered

Yes | No
    Oh man, thanks for your input though and I will post back when I get a way to clean it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 64.251.146.225

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information