+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 147798 eurodavid will become famous soon enough eurodavid will become famous soon enough eurodavid's Avatar

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Yes | No

Amazon OEM BMW Parts to the rescue again! MANN Cabin Filters

Ok, guys, I know you are saying "oh God, he's beating the dead horse again on Amazon....":

But somebody prove to me (you can't...) where you can beat Amazon on pricing and total bill. Continuing my examples on ordering BMW OEM parts from Amazon Automotive, look at this deal:
    2 OEM Mann Cabin Filters, a total cost of $16.99, and shipping was....wait for it....here it is again.....zippo, zero, nada, doesn't exist.

There is no one on the web that can match this. I contacted AutohausAZ when someone said a few weeks that they were selling this same 2 Mann Filter pack for $10.99. I asked them, and they said minimal shipping on it was $12.99, and if you wanted free shipping, you had to order at least $50. Not only that, they said the $10.99 price was a one time thing, lasted only a few days, and that regularly the price for the 2 cabin activated charcoal MANN filter kit is $24.99 (but, hey, it is on sale for $23.99).

People, the every day pricing on Amazon Automotive for the exact same MANN activated cabin filter kit is $16.99, with zero shipping cost if you order at least $25 worth of stuff (can be anything, not even automotive--this hurdle is a whaleload easier than meeting something like AutohausAZ's $50 minimum order, and they don't even carry all the stuff that Amazon does---like tools, and every other thing under the sun, and all of it usually can be had with free shipping).

Just trying to pass along some of the love when it comes to savings for OEM parts on our beloved e39s:

EuroDavid
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 81.245.73.249

Registered Member
    Member No: 27877 m5mel is an unknown quantity at this point m5mel's Avatar

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodavid View Post
    Ok, guys, I know you are saying "oh God, he's beating the dead horse again on Amazon....":

But somebody prove to me (you can't...) where you can beat Amazon on pricing and total bill. Continuing my examples on ordering BMW OEM parts from Amazon Automotive, look at this deal:
    2 OEM Mann Cabin Filters, a total cost of $16.99, and shipping was....wait for it....here it is again.....zippo, zero, nada, doesn't exist.

There is no one on the web that can match this. I contacted AutohausAZ when someone said a few weeks that they were selling this same 2 Mann Filter pack for $10.99. I asked them, and they said minimal shipping on it was $12.99, and if you wanted free shipping, you had to order at least $50. Not only that, they said the $10.99 price was a one time thing, lasted only a few days, and that regularly the price for the 2 cabin activated charcoal MANN filter kit is $24.99 (but, hey, it is on sale for $23.99).

People, the every day pricing on Amazon Automotive for the exact same MANN activated cabin filter kit is $16.99, with zero shipping cost if you order at least $25 worth of stuff (can be anything, not even automotive--this hurdle is a whaleload easier than meeting something like AutohausAZ's $50 minimum order, and they don't even carry all the stuff that Amazon does---like tools, and every other thing under the sun, and all of it usually can be had with free shipping).

Just trying to pass along some of the love when it comes to savings for OEM parts on our beloved e39s:

the problem with AMAZON from my experience is that their so called goods are not NEW NEW,, they are like returns or old inventory they get on deals and in turn dump out to the public!
    2003 E39 540SPORT
    1995 E34 535IS SOLD
    1991 E30 M3 2.5 SOLD
    1988 E28 M5 stroked/F40
    ED ARNOLD BRAKES SOLD
    1989 E30 325IS SOLD
    1985 352E SOLD
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.125.31.215

Registered Member
    Member No: 147798 eurodavid will become famous soon enough eurodavid will become famous soon enough eurodavid's Avatar

Yes | No
    Mel,

Come on, that comment couldn't be more wide of the mark. Over 10+ years of dealing with Amazon, for a wide range of stuff, and never have we (nor our friends, an military peope overseas are heavy, read: HEAVY, users of online shopping and Amazon) ever seen returns and/or old inventory. If you're going to say something, at least do it with something that has merit and legs. If Amazon ever did stuff like that, the outcry (not only on the web, but from across various States) would be so large it would be unreal. You do know they are the largest retailer in the world, online or otherwise. What Amazon describes is exactly what you get. It is the buyer's fault, read: your fault---if a person can't read on certain items, where Amazon says it clearly and boldly, that an item is a return. And those items are very rare.

And as far as old inventory, lol, there is no such thing. I can only surmise that you've never shopped at any, and I mean any, of the online BMW parts wholesalers. "Old inventory", is all they sell, stuff they are desperately trying to get out of their inventory (I know, I lived in AZ, and know the AutohausAZ guys from talking to them a lot---hence when I called them up about the above MANN filters).

Unfortunately, false wives tales and rumors du jour still rule the day sometimes on these online forum boards. The "...dump on the public.." comment ranks right up there with saying that Chris Bangle designed the most beautiful BMW car designs ever seen. I don't even work for Amazon, or even own stock in them, but judging from the misperception stated and/or possible employment by one of those "other" online BMW parts purveyors, I've no idea where that kind of thinking for that kind of comment can even come from.
    EuroDavid
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 81.245.73.249

Registered Member

Yes | No
    Mel,

Come on, that comment couldn't be more wide of the mark. Over 10+ years of dealing with Amazon, for a wide range of stuff, and never have we (nor our friends, an military peope overseas are heavy, read: HEAVY, users of online shopping and Amazon) ever seen returns and/or old inventory. If you're going to say something, at least do it with something that has merit and legs. If Amazon ever did stuff like that, the outcry (not only on the web, but from across various States) would be so large it would be unreal. You do know they are the largest retailer in the world, online or otherwise. What Amazon describes is exactly what you get. It is the buyer's fault, read: your fault---if a person can't read on certain items, where Amazon says it clearly and boldly, that an item is a return. And those items are very rare.

And as far as old inventory, lol, there is no such thing. I can only surmise that you've never shopped at any, and I mean any, of the online BMW parts wholesalers. "Old inventory", is all they sell, stuff they are desperately trying to get out of their inventory (I know, I lived in AZ, and know the AutohausAZ guys from talking to them a lot---hence when I called them up about the above MANN filters).

Unfortunately, false wives tales and rumors du jour still rule the day sometimes on these online forum boards. The "...dump on the public.." comment ranks right up there with saying that Chris Bangle designed the most beautiful BMW car designs ever seen. I don't even work for Amazon, or even own stock in them, but judging from the misperception stated and/or possible employment by one of those "other" online BMW parts purveyors, I've no idea where that kind of thinking for that kind of comment can even come from.
    sorry David BUT I speak from my own experience which is good enough for me,, I've ordered in the past tire guages and even razor scooters all second had or broken,, even the packages were pre opened,, and I returned every single one,,,,sure they can continue to make their PROFITS and billions,, they just wont be getting any of my money.....nothing false or nothing to back up my comments I speak from my OWN personal experiences! sometimes the old saying you pay what you get for goes a long way especially when dealing with AMAZON.....
    2003 E39 540SPORT
    1995 E34 535IS SOLD
    1991 E30 M3 2.5 SOLD
    1988 E28 M5 stroked/F40
    ED ARNOLD BRAKES SOLD
    1989 E30 325IS SOLD
    1985 352E SOLD
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 205.188.116.13

Registered Member

Yes | No
    nope, just doesn't happen, Mel, not over the past 10+ years...sorry, throwing poppy-dust on your repressed frustrations:

EuroDavid
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 81.245.43.244

Administrator Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 1
    Inner Circle ©194 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

Yes | No
    Amazon, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus offer the best customer service out there. Old inventory? Broken? Hahaha I haven't heard anyone make claims like that other than Bill Walton (RIP).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Admin IP hidden

Registered Member

Yes | No
    [QUOTE=eurodavid;13178917]nope, just doesn't happen, Mel, not over the past 10+ years...sorry, throwing poppy-dust on your repressed frustrations:

no worries David,, just voicing my own experiences with them and my opinions,, but if they work for u more power to you :)
    2003 E39 540SPORT
    1995 E34 535IS SOLD
    1991 E30 M3 2.5 SOLD
    1988 E28 M5 stroked/F40
    ED ARNOLD BRAKES SOLD
    1989 E30 325IS SOLD
    1985 352E SOLD

Registered Member

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Amazon, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus offer the best customer service out there. Old inventory? Broken? Hahaha I haven't heard anyone make claims like that other than Bill Walton (RIP).
    how u can put AMAZON on the same level beats me? but anyways I never got the chance to meet Bill LOL
    2003 E39 540SPORT
    1995 E34 535IS SOLD
    1991 E30 M3 2.5 SOLD
    1988 E28 M5 stroked/F40
    ED ARNOLD BRAKES SOLD
    1989 E30 325IS SOLD
    1985 352E SOLD

Registered Member

Yes | No
    Mel,

LOL, Mel, just fooling with ya. But I will say, if my wife & I somehow now get jinxed on the future stuff we get from Amazon, I am gonna tell her who to come after! ;-)
    EuroDavid
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 81.245.43.244

Registered Member

Yes | No
    Mel,

LOL, Mel, just fooling with ya. But I will say, if my wife & I somehow now get jinxed on the future stuff we get from Amazon, I am gonna tell her who to come after! ;-)
    I should have kept my my SHUT :) I hope I dont jinx ya :)
    2003 E39 540SPORT
    1995 E34 535IS SOLD
    1991 E30 M3 2.5 SOLD
    1988 E28 M5 stroked/F40
    ED ARNOLD BRAKES SOLD
    1989 E30 325IS SOLD
    1985 352E SOLD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information