I recently called BMW Roadside Assistance for the 2nd time in 11 ˝ months, this time for a jump start on my BMW 850. When the flatbed driver was unable to start my car, I said, “Let’s tow it to my mechanic’s garage – 4 miles away.” He told me that even though my “Premium Membership” plan included 5 service calls a year, I would have to wait 72 hours to place another call and request that the car be towed.

WHAT?! Let me get this straight: you’re standing here with a flatbed wrecker – right beside my car - telling me that I have to wait 3 days before I can call BMW Roadside Assistance to come back out and tow my car 4 miles to my mechanic?! That’s right, he said, they will not authorize a P.O. number for 2 service calls within 72 hours, and attempting to jump starting your car – even though we were unsuccessful - is considered a service call.

Fore-warned is fore-armed. I purchased BMW’s Premium Membership for roadside assistance because I love my 850 and I like to support the brand; in 2 weeks when my membership expires I will purchase another roadside assistance program because I’m smarter than allowing myself to get ripped off a second time. Fool me once, shame on you….