+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
12-09-2011 08:36 AM #1
Another cold weather starting problem
I have a 94 525i m50 with 190,000. Great car, but as the weather is getting colder in VA I've had the same problem twice. When it is left outside all night and the weather drops below freezing, the car won't start in the morning. Here are the symptoms:
1. Interior lights will NOT come on when doors are opened, but will come on when switched on
2. Car will vigorously crank but not fire
3. Central locking does not work.
4. All other electronics-radio, headlights, horn-work fine
5. When it warms up, it works fine. I know it will start when I open the door and the interior lights come on.
It's not the battery. What is the common link between the interior light circuit and the starting circuit and is temperature related?
01-02-2012 01:44 PM #2
- Mystic, CT, United StatesMember No: 68743
- Join Date
- Mar 2003
- Rep Power
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Nick in forum BMW 5 Series Forum (E28)Replies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2001, 05:36 PM
By Jon in forum BMW 5 Series Forum (E28)Replies: 1Last Post: 04-10-2001, 07:33 AM
By L Helbock in forum BMW 5 Series Forum (E28)Replies: 4Last Post: 04-19-2000, 07:39 AM
By L Helbock in forum BMW 5 Series Forum (E28)Replies: 5Last Post: 03-18-2000, 05:13 PM
By Tim in forum BMW 2002 Forum (E10)Replies: 2Last Post: 12-13-1999, 03:33 PM