+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 105975 gator749 is an unknown quantity at this point gator749's Avatar

Yes | No

Still Running Strong

I bought my '97 Z3 2.8 ffom the original owner in 2004 with 15,000 miles on it and joined then. It now has 39,000 and is driven less frequently than I'd like. Time for some maintenance attention, as it has an oil leak that seems to be getting a bit worse.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 68.58.173.233

Unregistered

Yes | No
    Anyone remember Robert (aka [email protected])?
    Still have my 98', but this is the first time I have looked at message board in years.

First thing I see is posts about theBaba and FredR... think I'll go cry a little now.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 68.97.45.236

User Level 1
    Member No: 192311 engraver1 is an unknown quantity at this point engraver1's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm still here

I joined yesterday - maybe it was today - but i'm here anyway - I'll pick up my Z3 this Sunday from the 1st owner, 26,000 miles - mint / showroom condition - been a Corvette guy for many years - wanted a change - I think i'll be happy - I hate big cars - Miata is a little to small - Boxsters scare me - so here I am - Tom
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 76.20.54.89

Registered Member
    Member No: 18848 rwilli is an unknown quantity at this point rwilli's Avatar

Yes | No
    First got a 98 2.8 (James Bond) in October 2000. Was perfectly happy with it but in December '02 just happened to notice an Oxford Green S52 on a dealer car lot in Temple. With only 6K and in perfect condition just couldn't pass up the chance to get an M. After all the great times/memories at the Homecomings/ZFests, I haven't missed one since 01. Hope to see everyone in Spartanburg again this year!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 70.112.212.6

Registered Member
    Member No: 56117 bsrsystems is an unknown quantity at this point bsrsystems's Avatar

Yes | No
    We're still here and closing in on 200K. Guess Z3BD still olds the record...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 108.233.205.67

Registered Member
    Member No: 14457 Vidterry is an unknown quantity at this point Vidterry's Avatar

Yes | No
    Hey Teachum...good to see your name after so long. You may remember we got our Z3 in January of '99, and its first driving event was one of yours. That's a long time ago. Still in a ///M roadster, though a different one from any of the group events. Still love the car and the driving, but not much online now. So much has changed, except the fabulous rides.

Terry in Iowa
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 50.81.95.206

Registered Member
    Member No: 56117 bsrsystems is an unknown quantity at this point bsrsystems's Avatar

Yes | No
    Hey Dane, any progress on your glove box fixit?? My gb is almost to the floor.. sigh

Hope all is well,

Bob s.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 108.233.205.67

Registered Member
    Member No: 81808 catdaddylong is an unknown quantity at this point catdaddylong's Avatar

Yes | No
    Started back in the spring of '99 and ordered a 2000 2.3 and got it in Nov. '99. Still have it and still getting comments on how nice the car looks. I pop on to the forum ever so often but do not make it a habit like in the old days.
    Cat

00 BMW Z3 2.3
    05 Lexus ES330
    08 Lexus RX350
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 70.232.44.251

Registered Member
    Member No: 25995 ednew is an unknown quantity at this point ednew's Avatar

Yes | No
    Not a charter 15 year member, but discovered the forum and bought my silver 2.3 in Dec 1999. I now have 46K miles on it, and have recently learned that it WILL function in the rain. It's been almost flawless, needing only routine maintenance, and I expect she'll last another 12 years. I think we'll grow old together.
    Ed
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.2.199.233

Registered Member
    Member No: 25024 patche1s is an unknown quantity at this point patche1s's Avatar

Yes | No
    I sold me 3.0 back like 10 years ago but just bought a 2000 m roadster :) I'm back never was to far gone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 68.97.65.28

Carl B

Yes | No

Still have my Imola 99MZ3

Been hanging around on/off since June 98 when I first ordered my car. Back then there were waiting lists for M Roadsters. Car still runs great but my wife now uses it more than I do.
    -Carl B
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 65.30.159.82

Registered Member
    Member No: 90294 MiniNancy is an unknown quantity at this point MiniNancy's Avatar

Yes | No

My '98 Atlanta Blue Z3

Still have it since new...still love her!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 98.70.42.204

Registered Member
    Member No: 177690 MichaelBrazier is an unknown quantity at this point MichaelBrazier's Avatar

Yes | No

Still Here...

I'm still here - like others I have had time away from the boards but I'm still devoted to my M Roadster, which has now done 136,000 miles and remains as good as it ever was; every drive is a fulfilling experience.

I'm in the UK and joined this forum in 2002 chiefly to find out about modifications to the Z3's handling; I'd test driven one and whilst I loved the car I realized I'd need to do what I could to improve the handling if I was to be happy with one. I took delivery of a Strong Strut brace bar set before I even had my first 1.9 (summer 2003), and have had them on my subsequent 2.8 and current M Roadster, which I bought in May 2009.

In the 70,000 miles I've done in my S50 M Roadster the car it has returned an overall average 28mpg (Imperial Gallons) which is significantly better than the 25.4 claimed by BMW. I run it on Castrol Edge (oil not fuel). I drive it fast but not much in the urban environment. The only major failure has been the Vanos unit front cap Allen bolts which sheared, leading to a rebuild of the unit by Dr Vanos with the appropriate oil seals (another forum discovery). I've listed and assessed the mods I've done to all three cars over the years in another thread...

When I bought mine in 2009 I had perhaps 25 cars to chose from nationally at any one time - today there are only three (accessible by internet)! Curiously there are far more M Coupes advertised now in the UK than Roadsters. (I've never desired a collection of cars but if I had the spare cash I'd get one of those too...)

Michael Brazier
    1999 S50 (Estoril Blue) W793 MCF
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 86.138.79.181

User Level 1
    Member No: 198636 SLTex is an unknown quantity at this point SLTex's Avatar

Yes | No
    I bought my 2000 MZ3 new on Feb 9 2000, one month before the stock market crashed. It has 85,000 on it and I just put a new top on it last week, new pulley and belts yesterday. I went by the IXLR8MZ3 back then. In 2007 I got a BMW K1200LT motorcycle and have spent more time on the bmwlt forum. I am back to stay as SLTex. In the next few months, I need to replace the woofer, shocks and struts. I miss FredR and the hill country drives.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 76.31.234.234

Registered Member
    Member No: 12210 TommyZ3 is an unknown quantity at this point TommyZ3's Avatar

Yes | No
    Still crazy after all these years. I was one of the original members back in the day. It had a different name then which I can't remember. That was before I even owned a Z3. The board was a wealth of information. I knew so much about this car from reading the posts that I could practically taste it. I remember when the cup holders for the door pockets first came out, when LeatherZ was a new company and only had a few items for the Z. Purchasing a Clutch Delay Value from Zeckhausen, a Whalen Shift Machine (shifter knob), Stonegaurds, Clear side marker and fender turn signal lights, Chrome tips for the 2.5 exhaust and chrome door lock pin caps, BMW tire value stem caps, a Dinan strut brace for a ridiculous price.

There are lots of memories associated with this board and it goes far beyond the cars to the friends I have made over the years. Runs to the Homecoming celebrations and hosting a few "Top Down" Cruizes of my own.

It all started when I saw the original Z3 in the Neiman Marcus catalog as part of the promotion of the Golden Eye James Bond movie. I knew I had to have one.

In 1998 I leased a 1.9 for 3 years with an incredible deal including 20,000 miles per year. I turned it in after 3 years miles and they gave me a check back for $480 for the unused mileage. They don't do that anymore!

Following the lease, I purchased a new 2.5 which I kept for 3 years and then sold to purchase a 2002, 3.0 with 12,000 miles. I still have the 3.0 (now with 114,000 miles) and I still love this car.

I am still excited by the Z3 and receive comments everywhere I drive it. My original license plate was TOMMYZ3 as was (is) my handle on this and many other BMW Z3 forums. Today my plate is NTHUZIST (enthusiast).

Enjoy the Ride,
    TommyZ3
    Last edited by TommyZ3; 06-15-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.53.18.25

User Level 1
    Member No: 197646 coloradoz is an unknown quantity at this point coloradoz's Avatar

Yes | No
    In a way, I've been been around for about 13 or 14 years. I started following the board about 14 years ago, before I even owned my Z3. In 2000 I finally felt like I was in the financial position to buy it and I ordered my '01 in July of that year. Took delivery at the factory at the end of Sept and still have it today. Just 48K original miles. Kinda stopped following the board after a few years of owning it, but recently re-joined.

Every once in a while I kick around the idea of selling it. Sometimes feel like I've "been there and done that" in terms of owning and driving this car. But I just haven't ever really been able to do it. It really is a joy to drive and I know I'd regret it. But my son was just born 7 weeks ago and I'm once again considering selling it. Once he starts daycare, I'm on the hook for either pick up or drop off so I can't commute much with it anymore and weekend driving is gonna be much less common.

So I lurk around the board, a Facebook page and such just hoping to stay inspired enough to hang on to the car through the baby/toddler years. Like I said, it really is a joy to drive this car, even after 13 years. :-)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 207.106.237.97

Registered Member
    Member No: 13295 bryanclar is on a distinguished road bryanclar's Avatar

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Yes | No
    No reason to sell just because of a kid. I bought mine when I was young and single. Now I'm married with (almost) 4 kids. I've moved 5 times with the USAF (which is a nightmare with three cars and two drivers) but I've managed to keep it. My wife loves to drive it and now the kids get a kick out of the "windy car." :-)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 96.18.29.17

Registered Member
    Member No: 21597 z3bigdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point z3bigdaddy's Avatar

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Yes | No
    4.5 kids??? I see you fill you leisure time with worthwhile pursuits.
    <center><b>
    <a href=http://www.z3bigdaddy.com/>Z3BIGDADDYCOTCOM!</A>
    </center></b>

Well this would be a sig if I was allowed to use html... *sigh*
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 75.142.155.75

Unregistered

Yes | No

Been gone a long time

I have been gone along time but back as I needed some info on top replacement. I used to go by Z3inMT. Changed my handle as I am no longer living in Montana. Still have my 2000 Z3 2.3.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 168.103.143.4

User Level 1
    Member No: 198878 TopazBlue00Z3 is an unknown quantity at this point TopazBlue00Z3's Avatar

Yes | No
    TopazBlue00Z3 (new) = Z3inMT (old)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 168.103.143.4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information