+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 80340 khammack is an unknown quantity at this point khammack's Avatar

Yes | No
    Not here from the start, but I have been around for a while. Started out with a 2002 3.0 ordered new and then wanted more, so I got my 2002 M and sold the 3.0. Been having lots of fun with it ever since. Went to all of the homecomings, from 2002 on (thanks to Arnie) and did a few of the Texas Spring Drives (thanks to Fred). Still having fun with the Roadster running autocrosses with SCCA. She has 101K on her now and still running strong.
    Last edited by khammack; 07-15-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 50.152.11.129

User Level 1
    Member No: 198878 TopazBlue00Z3 is an unknown quantity at this point TopazBlue00Z3's Avatar

Yes | No
    curves.jpg I am back.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 168.103.143.4

Registered Member
    Member No: 191967 TheRealRachel is an unknown quantity at this point TheRealRachel's Avatar

Yes | No
    I end up on Roadfly when I am looking for something, or someone, like today, looking for Haut Mechaniker (Skin Mechanic-didn't find him btw... anyone?). But I am happy to say a whole bunch of us have stayed in touch on Z3 Rides email list- and all are welcome :)

I still have the car, and I finally live in a garage-with-house-attached, and hope to make it to DSS in May- with a big convoy, that'd be nice. With my son.

I can't figure out how to log in, I hope this message posts... here's a link to Z3 Rides:
    http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/z3rides/

00xx00
    Rachel
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 108.2.173.140

Registered Member
    Member No: 198940 RichieBsZ3 is an unknown quantity at this point RichieBsZ3's Avatar

Yes | No
    New to Z3s & the forum, where & when is homecoming & Zfest, & is there gatherings or rallies in the Midwest ? I'm in Minnesota
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 198.228.228.169

Registered Member
    Member No: 80340 khammack is an unknown quantity at this point khammack's Avatar

Yes | No
    The last Homecoming was several years ago when they moved the roadster production back to the other side of the pond.
    Last edited by khammack; 07-26-2013 at 10:38 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 50.152.11.129

Registered Member
    Member No: 13295 bryanclar is on a distinguished road bryanclar's Avatar

Yes | No
    No homecoming but zfest is over Labor Day weekend. Check out zscca.org.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 96.18.29.17

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 6788
    Inner Circle ©46 since: Oct 06, 2013 geocoog is on a distinguished road geocoog's Avatar

Yes | No
    I'm back on now that I've found another MZ3. I really miss my old pals who used to hang out in the community here. Especially Fred.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 99.7.208.57

Registered Member
    Member No: 23967 perryinva is an unknown quantity at this point perryinva's Avatar

Yes | No
    I still miss my '99 Boston Green machine. I put so much of me in to that car, but my wife never liked it, but after owning it fro 10 years, and the and with her pushing me to a hard top, & allure of a newer 911, finally swayed me to the dark side. I think after I retire, I will get another one. I kept my WSM, strut bar and butt strut, and a few other goodies, just in case..hehehe..They are still one of the best looking, fun to drive cars ever made. I miss Fred, too. I didn't even know the Z3chat was still around...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 158.106.48.10

Registered Member
    Member No: 107995 fwspeedcart is an unknown quantity at this point fwspeedcart's Avatar

Yes | No
    Not quite 15 years,, but long enough to remember 3 liter! Best regards to everyone!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 98.231.0.225

Registered Member
    Member No: 137297 jndzz3 is an unknown quantity at this point jndzz3's Avatar

Yes | No

my 97 Z3 2.8

I still have and enjoy my Z3.Season is over here on IL./Wi. border.Time to put the battery tender on the Z and store it.We have had an early snow already.
    Belvidere,IL. owner
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 66.114.179.74

Registered Member
    Member No: 108216 kniffin50 is an unknown quantity at this point kniffin50's Avatar

Yes | No
    still pop in from time to time. learned so much and still keep in touch with some of the new jersey dragon express H.C. convoy people. Rusty
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 68.14.31.105

Ken Key

Yes | No

Still remember the BAD (Bay Area Drives)

I just happened to be looking at old bookmarks and wandered on back. Had great fun on the Bay Area Drives (BAD) meets - I forgot who I gave that spare tie-dye shirt to at BAD 3? I still have my '97 2.8 - and the no-holes luggage rack I bought off of Alan.

Can't make any BAD these days as me and the car are on a little island called The Big Island in the middle of the Pacific...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 66.91.111.171

ed scuba

Yes | No

Hello all . Just checking in.

Need info on a few things. Like broken armrests and getting new top for 96 Turquoise Z3. Funny Sharon was stopped and given Z3CCA brochure the other day.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 174.44.169.18

MikeinNH

Yes | No
    Hi Ed - Roadster Solutions still sells armrests for the Z3, and there's always LeatherZ & eBay... Bavauto wants $450 for a Hartz OE quality top, an internet search should provide a several options... My '97 OE top is still in great shape, but it's garaged when not being driven...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 24.34.130.79

CNYN RNR

Yes | No

Still around

It's been a long time since I've posted on this site. My first z3 was a 00 2.8 auto and that was swapped for a 3.0 5 speed auto. Picked the car up at the factory in August 2000, had the blue stripe put on, and that's the way many of you remember the car. Since then, many other changes have been made to the car. The first major change was made after I ran The Dragon as part of a caravan. I commented at the time that I was taking one hand off the steering wheel too often in order to shift, and so I pursued either putting paddles on the steering wheel or push buttons. I found a local mechanic who said he could do what I wanted with buttons, and about 3 months later after modifying the steering wheel to accommodate the electrics, I was able to shift with both hands on the wheel. I lowered the car and stiffened the suspension by putting in Koni shocks and springs, replaced the front bumper with an MZ3 bumper, and that's the way the car remained until about 6 months ago, when I made other changes. I covered up the side louvres, redid the grill completely so it is now 1 piece, removed all the chrome, painted the car a gorgeous red and the wheels black. The car now has 25,400 miles, and is strictly a weekend fun car, no more canyon running for me. Too old for that stuff now, but Mulholland Highway is still a nice drive. I've been in touch with AR67 Duetto from time to time, who keeps me filled in. I'll try to figure out how to post photos so you all can see the latest rendition.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.8.26.138

Dadofour-

Yes | No

Been years

Haven't been here in years. Sold my M Roadster to a friend in '06 and started racing in BMWCCA with EdScuba as my crew.

Considering another M Roadster for fun rides. Only recognize a handful of names.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 68.84.233.59

Registered Member
    Member No: 81808 catdaddylong is an unknown quantity at this point catdaddylong's Avatar

Yes | No
    For what ever reason I logged back on this forum where I have been absent for years. I still have my 2.3 Z and she is definitely a garage queen. I have gotten lazy as far as getting my hands greasy and found an excellent mechanic that does the maintenance for me. I drive my Z about once a week and it is still a thrill and never gets old. The best toy I have ever bought.
    Cat

00 BMW Z3 2.3
    05 Lexus ES330
    08 Lexus RX350
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 107.201.221.227

Registered Member
    Member No: 8623 tucsonjohnb is an unknown quantity at this point tucsonjohnb's Avatar

Yes | No
    Started here in late 2000 when we got our first Z, an '01 2.5. That one is gone but I still have the '01 Imola M Roadster that made it to 5 Homecomings. Haven't been on the forum for quite a while but was prompted to check back in when I discovered that Ed Scuba and his wife are going to be on the same cruise as my wife and I. I recognize a lot of those that have responded to this thread.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.226.36.213

Registered Member
    Member No: 32904 stevec1031 is an unknown quantity at this point stevec1031's Avatar

Yes | No

1999 m

took delivery of my 99 M in October of 1998. Now has 30,000 miles so 16 years. It may be time to sell it. Sits more now then ever
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 50.151.167.58

Registered Member
    Member No: 10751 skin_mechanic is an unknown quantity at this point skin_mechanic's Avatar

Yes | No
    14 years later and I still have Amelia, but she's just an old beater now. Slowly falling apart. If it's convertible weather, it's bike weather, and the Guzzis are a helluva lot more fun to pilot. The panners on my Breva have as much storage as the Z's trunk, making it my grocery getter. The only time I drive the car is when I need to buy cat litter. Rachel babe, you got mail=8^)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.91.129.12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information