+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 21507 Z3POWER is an unknown quantity at this point Z3POWER's Avatar

Yes | No

Still here...mainly lurking.

My Z3 is mainly a garage bound. Have not wrenched or even driven her for a very long time.
    All my money and fun has gone into my Toyota Tacoma.

Great to see some the original members still here.
    One bright note, We own a MINI Countryman ALL4 and drive her all over Texas.
    Last edited by Z3POWER; 12-29-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 70.114.1.74

Registered Member
    Member No: 14749 jkohler is an unknown quantity at this point jkohler's Avatar

Yes | No
    still lurking occasionally.
    Last edited by jkohler; 02-09-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Duplicate
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.73.151.94

Registered Member
    Member No: 14749 jkohler is an unknown quantity at this point jkohler's Avatar

Yes | No
    Haven't visited in years. Glad I did since it brought back great memories. Still have my '97 2.8 but it's getting pretty beat up. 187,000 miles has left the front end looking sand blasted. But other than a broken arm rest and a really annoying slow electrical drain, it still runs with a lot of power.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.73.151.94

Registered Member
    Member No: 140788 Emperor is an unknown quantity at this point Emperor's Avatar

Yes | No
    Drop in occassionally. Still running my 01 Estoril Blue M though she's in storage Nov-April because our WNY, Buffalo winters get darn nasty! I generally put on about 4K a summer and she's as nice as the day I drove her up from Dallas when I bought her used. Odometer reads at 103K and I found a great local Porsche (as well as BMW) master mechanic with a private garage who treats her like she's his own. Spring maintenance this year includes rear rotors/pads, oil and filter, cpv replacement with new gasket, brake flush, painting brake calipers, rear rubber, and replacing my ragtop window. Already scheduled my early April appt, and will be driving to zfest in State College for the first time since Cinncinati. Can't wait for the melt...if it ever comes!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 74.67.91.47

Registered Member
    Member No: 81808 catdaddylong is an unknown quantity at this point catdaddylong's Avatar

Yes | No
    Still here although I answered this question a few years ago. Just replaced my AutoZone battery after 10 years with an Interstate. The AutoZone was still cranking but after 10 years who wants to take chances ? My Z has been a garage queen for most of her life but she still is fun to drive (43K).
    Cat

00 BMW Z3 2.3
    05 Lexus ES330
    08 Lexus RX350
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 107.201.221.227

Registered Member
    Member No: 60858 Fudbutter is an unknown quantity at this point Fudbutter's Avatar

Yes | No
    Was never a major contributor, but I still pop in to lurk and still have my '01 2.5 with about 65K on the odo. Store it every winter so it still looks new and about a month away from Z season opening day

The people on this board whether answering a direct question or from reading answers to other people's questions have been nothing but helpful and informative, a big part of whyI still drive a brand new 2001 car every spring

Thanks guys (and gals)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 70.199.96.238

MikeinNH

Yes | No
    I think we're up to about 18 years, now... I recently bought a Piaggio scooter, which competes with the Z3 for my time on nice days...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 98.229.175.171

Registered Member
    Member No: 17947 mhumphries is an unknown quantity at this point mhumphries's Avatar

Yes | No
    First time back in several years. 01 M Roadster with 85k. Previously 99 M Roadster. I got many tips here for both. Here's one from a recent experience: I had shifting problems- sometime blotchy a
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 23.126.178.49

Registered Member
    Member No: 17947 mhumphries is an unknown quantity at this point mhumphries's Avatar

Yes | No
    First time back in several years. 01 M Roadster with 85k. Previously 99 M Roadster. I got many tips here for both. Here's one from a recent experience: I had shifting problems- sometimes blotchy a

Registered Member

Yes | No
    Sorry- it kept poring on its own. First time back in several years. 01 M Roadster with 85k. Previously 99 M Roadster. I got many tips here for both. Here's one from a recent experience: I had shifting problems- sometimes difficult and sometimes impossible to downshift to 2 or 1st

Registered Member

Yes | No
    Ok. Last part. Sometimes unable to shift down to 2nd or 1st. BMW has several possibles in a service bulletin including expensive transmission work. Dinan got it right (got a shop of theirs nearby). Replace the clutch hose with a braided steel one. The old rubber one had distorted and would not allow full pressure when the clutch pedal was depressed. Easy and cheap fix. Like new again with crisp easy shifts up and down.

User Level 1
    Member No: 202636 LenF is an unknown quantity at this point LenF's Avatar

Yes | No
    Back after quite a few years I still have my 97 2.8 & in the last 10 years have gone through an E83 X3 & now on our second F25LCI X3 both 3.0d's the latter being an M Sport edition. So many good tips & also manages to negotiate a few good spares & replacements including a better diff. In Australia we has a ridiculous ratio of 2.92:1 diff that caused all sorts of clutch problems so put in a 3.15:1 as per US & EURO spec. I still have the 2.92:1 If anyone wants a LOT more top end speed & has the power to drive it as well as a beefy clutch!

Not nearly the same amount of posts now days but still lots of good info.

(Formerly LenF52 - joined 02/2000)
    *no access to the old email address so had t create a new login
    Only 80,000kms (50K miles) on the Z3 & still drives like the day I took delivery of it or possibly a bit better with deralin suspension bushing & better current spec tyres.
    Also M50 manifold & Remus Exhaust System All made a huge difference when fitted & set up right.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 106.71.152.0

Registered Member
    Member No: 33956 ZOOM3 is an unknown quantity at this point ZOOM3's Avatar

Yes | No

Zoom3

Still have my 98 M Roadster. Only drive it summers for a few thousand miles. Still under 40k miles. Drives and looks like a new car. More dangerous to drive it now as my state is arresting people caught going over 100 mph with a free picture in the paper and on TV. Lol.
    I lurked a lot when I first got my M. Learned quite a bit from the great people on this forum. I was too shy to post much. Thank you all!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 75.67.241.118

Registered Member
    Member No: 177690 MichaelBrazier is an unknown quantity at this point MichaelBrazier's Avatar

Yes | No
    I'm grateful to you for your posting on this subject in reply to a query about this problem from me - I installed a braided steel clutch hose and had no further problems at all. Thanks very much once gain.

Michael Brazier
    UK
    M Roadster
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 86.133.161.201

Registered Member
    Member No: 50747 albano is an unknown quantity at this point albano's Avatar

Yes | No
    Joined 2002 still lurking once in a while sold my 735i have a e32 750il now for last 7 years
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 99.235.107.217

Registered Member
    Member No: 4562 gormz3 is an unknown quantity at this point gormz3's Avatar

Yes | No
    I sneak in now & then to take a look around, see who's fixing__or breaking__what. I stopped routinely posting here after being fed up with the *individual* from Knoxville whose only apparent joy in life was to deride others, and inserting useless insults in just about every thread I had a post in. Once he drug me down to his level, I left.

The Redhead and I packed up and moved to SW Florida several years ago and we just love it here! She stopped looking into old people's ears (as an AUD) and now owns a small art gallery/painting studio in Sarasota. I stay home and play with cars all day! Still doing the butt repairs for people that send me their cars from all over the country, and shipping the kits out to the ROW (on 6 of 7 continents, and anyone that can prove they have a Z3/M on Antarctica will get theirs for free!).

Some of the projects I had going on during the past year; this wasn't a car-meet, I was just moving cars between garages and paused for a Kodak Moment (I was in fact, the only person here at the time). These are on the as yet unbuilt lot next to our house.

The EB Coupe in the foreground, formerly Zoran's and subsequently Red Jen's (the same one I fitted with a Eurosport Twinscrew Supercharger a full decade ago) became a permanent member of our original Rdstr Fleet ('99 & '01 ///Ms) almost three (<3) years ago. It is nicer to drive on some of the hottest days, but I keep the Rdstrs in steady fleet rotation, and haven't yet resorted to fitting their hdtps during the summer__and if it isn't raining, the tops are down__regardless of the temperature.

Still have the '57 Austin-Healey too, fast approaching thirty-eight (<38) years since buying it when I lived in San Francisco. It garnered a First in Class at last year's All British Car Show in nearby Safety Harbor. Still enjoy driving it, when those Z3/Ms start feeling too modern... ;)

More than anything else, even if a lot of the names have changed, I'm glad to see that BMW's last (mostly analog) sportscar has maintained a dedicated following!

Randy Forbes
    Sports Cars Plus, LLC
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 97.96.60.129

Registered Member
    Member No: 118358 bmwtourer is an unknown quantity at this point bmwtourer's Avatar

Yes | No

still here with my 97 toy

Hello again, I visit once every 3 months or so...
    she will need love this winter, new top,new antenna mast and gommet, wheel center logo (2) and may be have the seat redone...
    at 135kmiles she still run great.
    may be a paint job in spring if budget permit.

While keeping my Z3, I am currently shopping for a F30...

Serge
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 24.122.107.6

Unregistered

Yes | No

Z3 for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Teachum View Post
    just wondering how many of the originals that started back in 1997/1998 are still around ?
    I have 1998 Z3... in great condition and looks like new. Milage is 14580. Kept in it's air conditioned garage when not on the road. Love this car but medical expenses for my wife and daughter force me to try to sell
    the car. If anyone wants this fine car call me...804 8972987
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 69.243.222.240

Carlín96/M44

Yes | No

Wow, this 2012 thread still going? sweet!

[QUOTE Still here.[/QUOTE]

I parked the Zee for a while to brake-in the wife's X1 bimmer, in one year we drove 41K miles, so it was time to drive the 1.9, I pulled the Zee out of the garage to go on daily drives, plus go on monthly drives with the local Z3/Z4 club the first thing I noticed the engine leaking oil from some seals. Continue driving the car trying to find where the leak was coming from, and after weeks of washing the engine and crawling under the car to look for the mysterious leak that I never found, I decided to cocktail the engine with 'Engine oil stop leak' after 3K miles is good as new again. The girl is 20 years old with 230K miles.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 68.225.148.176

Registered Member
    Member No: 197312 vintage42 is on a distinguished road vintage42's Avatar

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by wpballa View Post
    ... I've been coming here since I first found the site. One thing I do note, is that this is WAY more active than some other sites. Take a look at the Boxster site which is pretty quiet in comparison.
    And then take a look at b-fest and b-forum.
    BMW CCA 1405
    1971 2002, 1972-1975
    1974 2002, 1982-1995
    1997 Z3 1.9, 2012-present
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 74.134.214.231

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information