+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 12590 cbailey781 is an unknown quantity at this point cbailey781's Avatar

Yes | No

HELP. My email account has been disabled.

I'm wondering why my email account is disabled. Has it been hacked?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.25.126.139

Registered Member
    Member No: 21689 Gadjo.Dilo is an unknown quantity at this point Gadjo.Dilo's Avatar

Yes | No
    Being hacked? Yes and no. Yes because it has been disabled without prior warning and without your consent. No because it has been done by Google on request of Roadfly itself. Since Roadfly administrates the email account they can do as they please.

I had the same disabling experience yesterday and was told that I had to renew my membership in order to get access again (hadn't renewed it since 2005 or so). I have always been under the impression that paid membership would provide extra webspace but that the email account itself would be free. IMHO it is not decent to allow non-paying members for years to use the email account and then all of a sudden have it disabled. I feel like my account is now held hostage.

I'm trying to get temporary access through Charlie so that I can salvage the email and email addresses. I've been using this email account since 1999 so you can imagine the aggravation that comes with it. Maybe it's time to move on to another email provider or forum for that matter...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 130.138.227.54

Registered Member
    Member No: 12927 brentp is an unknown quantity at this point brentp's Avatar

Yes | No
    Me too, . . . 10 years of use, . . . all locked up now. Making matters worse, Google forced a merge of all accounts a couple of years ago (personal and what they called business [eg: roadfly.com]). I choose to use the roadfly.com account so all was merged to that. This was my primary personal account - used for everything none work related.

Now that this is locked, so are many other uses through Google - including a bunch of smart phone issues I am having because apps are looking for [email protected]. Yikes!!!

I do understand what I think the intent here was, . . . however, I do feel, had I been given proper warning, then no issue - I would have either choose to renew or make arrangements to move on.

Right now, however, it's pay to get back in and get to the things I need, . . . or leave cold turkey and try to recover. I think hostage is the appropriate word. Either way - this is not a good practice.

Yes this is upsetting, . . . so please excuse the negativity. Overall, this has been a great site that I have gotten lots of valuable information from, . . . just the recent events have left a bad taste.
    Last edited by brentp; 03-16-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.37.200.7

Administrator Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 1
    Inner Circle ©195 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

Yes | No
    Guys, if you're email was disabled due to the lapsing of your Inner Circle membership please renew here:

http://forum.roadfly.com/payments.php

The system is automated so your email will be restored automatically.

-Charlie
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Admin IP hidden

Registered Member
    Member No: 21689 Gadjo.Dilo is an unknown quantity at this point Gadjo.Dilo's Avatar

Yes | No
    Charlie,

I briefly considered renewal. But I don't do paypal. And you guys have done a sloppy job by allowing members like me for years to use a service that needs to be paid for and then -bang- cut them off unless they cough up the dough. Shame on you! And since you do not wish to address valid criticism from several members reg. the lack of notice or even acknowledge the aggravation, I have decided to vote with my feet and to move on.

I suggest that the other locked-out members do the same. There are more fora active which offer equal user experience and features. Google will be your friend.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 82.156.19.243

Registered Member
    Member No: 12927 brentp is an unknown quantity at this point brentp's Avatar

Yes | No
    Charlie,

I have to agree. I am still considering paying the ramsom to get to MY DATA. Problem is, and what I am struggling with, . . . will I continue to use an EMAIL account where the behavior of the administrators is no longer trust worthy? Most likely not for the long term. Payment would simply be to get MY DATA, and then to migrate.

Why do I consider these actions not trust worthy? No advance notice given for the termination and complete lock out - this could happen again tomorrow, next week, next month, . . . basically whenever you desire and for what ever reason you want to come up with.

I think you are not considering the impact you are causing your users and truthfully roadfly supporters. Have I been an IC member in the past - yes. Have I made purchases to roadfly advertisers - yes, quit frequently in fact for both of my BMWs.

Now, all I want is MY DATA, . . . and I am not incline to remain a supporter of any service that feels they can control access to MY DATA at anytime for any reason. Too bad, . . . . I do feel you folks made a poor choice here in the way this was rolled out. Again, advance notice, I could have chosen what path I wanted, . . . and you probably would have gotten the renewal fee. Now, . . . this is in doubt.
    Last edited by brentp; 03-16-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 72.185.137.140

User Level 7
    Member No: 75476 Captain_Winters is an unknown quantity at this point Captain_Winters's Avatar

Yes | No
    I am in the same boat, member since 2003, contributed as well, no warning is unacceptable. I am also relying on my email for important activities and it was cut off without notice yesterday. Worse yet, I cannot get a response from Google either. I have sent them 4 web forms and no response. Has anyone received a response from Google (Gmail), will they migrate our data to another Gmail account?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 75.215.113.95

Inner Circle ©195 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

Yes | No
    Captain, the way to migrate your data is to download it all to your computer and then reupload it to a new gmail account. You can Google the various methods to figure out how to do it. Unfortunately there's no magic that can be applied to have it done for you easily.

User Level 7
    Member No: 75476 Captain_Winters is an unknown quantity at this point Captain_Winters's Avatar

Yes | No
    Thanks for the reply Head Honcho, understand, can you enable our accounts for a couple of days so we can at least download our data? Right now I can't get in to perform that operation.
    Thanks

Yes | No
    A couple of non-IC members emailed me regarding how folks were notified of their IC cancelations so I thought I should set the record straight. IC members whose memberships lapsed (for whatever reason) over the course of the past 10 years have been emailed tens of times and in some instances more than 100 times. In addition every single time they login to Gmail, Google posts a message telling them that their account is managed by Roadfly and is not managed by Google and therefore subject to cancelation. A large number of Inner Circle members (hundreds) ignore emails, private messages, and Google official messages making situations like this impossible to prevent.

User Level 7

Yes | No
    I have never received an email. There is no way I would have let this go, if I was notified. I also have no private messages on this account. So not sure what is going on, but I can emphatically say, I have not received anything from roadfly or google.
    Since I need to get this resolved, are you willing to re-activate for a couple of days so we can migrate our data?
    Thanks

Yes | No
    IC membership status as well as gmail activation is fully automated. Memberships are managed by PayPal via the forum software.

Please renew via this link:

User Level 7

Yes | No
    ok, thanks, I just renewed.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 75.209.5.112

User Level 7

Yes | No
    My email account is re-enabled, it takes about an hour after you renew you inner circle membership before the account is re-activated
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 75.209.5.112

Registered Member
    Member No: 12590 cbailey781 is an unknown quantity at this point cbailey781's Avatar

Yes | No
    And roadfly isn't even offering temporary access to get your data; they simply want your money. I've never ignored an email from roadfly about account closing. When was the last one sent out? 10 years ago? I would like that email contents posted here. The only way someone would pay now would be to get their data,but it's a shame you have to pay to get your data when u can be granted access for a couple of days to get it. Well thanks to my other google emails I had started using it for a lot of my email,but I have a lot of legacy emails going to this account that never got switched over to the other google account. Well thanks to my iPhone, my most important emaisl and subscriptions still shows up on my device; so, these account email addresses were updated to the my other email account. I would never support the inner circle email system that does this to its members. It's a disaster about to happen to any member at any time. Customer Service gets a zero. This should be reported to the Better Business Bureau. Totally unacceptable.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.25.126.139

Registered Member

Yes | No
    Guys,

don't pay, bite the bullet, lose that email inbox and quit Roadfly as inner circle member; you won't die. Roadfly is not anymore about you as it initially was; it's now all about revenue. They simply don't deserve your money treating you like this with their bad business practice and lame excuses. Vote with your feet, don't waste anymore time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 82.156.19.243

User Level 1
    Member No: 190940 tamH is an unknown quantity at this point tamH's Avatar

Yes | No
    [h=3]Charlie, like many others, my Roadfly account of [email protected] has been disabled. Like many others as well I did not receive any warnings. I have been a Inner Circle member since 2003 and I have had a email with Roadfly probably 5 years before that time.[/h][h=3]Roadfly will NOT let me pay the membership fee through the link you have provided http://forum.roadfly.com/payments.php I get a screen that tells me “The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.” Roadfly would not even let me post to your thread to ask about my problem. I had to request a new ID just to post this note. Please answer the question that many others are asking , are you allowing disabled members temporary access to their account, in order to move their personal emails to another id? Or are you forcing us to pay the $29.00 membership fee just to retrieve our stuff? I see the many post where you state just follow this link and all will be great. It really has not been that simple. One finale question, If we chose not to renew our IC membership does that mean that we cannot retain our Roadfly email ID? I ask this because Roadfly states that EMAILS are free. In the past I would have easily just paid the fee and moved on but the job situation is tough right now and I need to keep a close eye on all funds.[/h][h=3]Sorry about replying to two different post I'm not sure if my post are getting through.[/h][h=3]Please let me know how I can restore my access to my email.[/h]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 50.134.188.191

Registered Member
    Member No: 8524 dmacdonald is an unknown quantity at this point dmacdonald's Avatar

Yes | No
    Why did my email account get disabled? What kind of bush league operation is this. I have valuable stuff in my account I need and I can't even get a response.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.8.242.41

Registered Member
    Member No: 8524 dmacdonald is an unknown quantity at this point dmacdonald's Avatar

Yes | No
    Bull**** Head Honcha. I got one email and could never make the renewal link work. I recieved as many responses to my inquirees trying to renew as I have trying to find out why I'v been disabled. ZERO! I'v been a member for a long time and my mistake was not moving on when I saw how poorly this was being run. I agree with TamH below. I have important things in my account that I need.

[h=3]Charlie, like many others, my Roadfly account of [email protected] has been disabled. Like many others as well I did not receive any warnings. I have been a Inner Circle member since 2003 and I have had a email with Roadfly probably 5 years before that time.[/h][h=3]Roadfly will NOT let me pay the membership fee through the link you have provided http://forum.roadfly.com/payments.php I get a screen that tells me “The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.” Roadfly would not even let me post to your thread to ask about my problem. I had to request a new ID just to post this note. Please answer the question that many others are asking , are you allowing disabled members temporary access to their account, in order to move their personal emails to another id? Or are you forcing us to pay the $29.00 membership fee just to retrieve our stuff? I see the many post where you state just follow this link and all will be great. It really has not been that simple. One finale question, If we chose not to renew our IC membership does that mean that we cannot retain our Roadfly email ID? I ask this because Roadfly states that EMAILS are free. In the past I would have easily just paid the fee and moved on but the job situation is tough right now and I need to keep a close eye on all funds.[/h][h=3]Sorry about replying to two different post I'm not sure if my post are getting through.[/h][h=3]Please let me know how I can restore my access to my email.[/h]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.8.242.41

User Level 1
    Member No: 191721 oleg528 is an unknown quantity at this point oleg528's Avatar

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Guys, if you're email was disabled due to the lapsing of your Inner Circle membership please renew here:

The system is automated so your email will be restored automatically.

-Charlie

Charlie

please check you INBOX

thank you !!!!

oleg
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.200.183.170

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information