+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

User Level 1
    Member No: 192593 bella1157 is an unknown quantity at this point bella1157's Avatar

Yes | No

car insurance

Hoping some one could give me some advice
    im 54 year old female i had a car accident 2010 hit by a truck claim has not yet been settled as i have injurys to neck and awaiting to see specilist and i have not drove since on my own .my car was a right off.
    it was my husbands policy, for the last couple of months i have been driving local to get my self a bit more confidence
    to cut a long story short my husband has fell out with me and took me off his policy and i have not got a clue how to insure my self, i have been looking at all the web sites and they all come back with high insurance as i have never been insured on my own policy , is there any one that knows of any cheap insurance for people who have accidents and never been insured on their own policy .
    im finding it so difficult and he has just dissmised it and left me to sort it out my self
    please any help would be gratefull
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 2.219.196.235

Registered Member
    Member No: 94415 jayb is on a distinguished road jayb's Avatar

Yes | No
    With a 2010 accident on your record that is still outstanding with no determination of fault, that is going to be a problem. Insurances companies especially look at accidents and tickets issued in the last 3 years. It would be much better (although not perfect) if a report showed you were not at fault. What does the police report show--I assume you have a copy of that. This is key to you getting more normal rates, showing a police or other finding that you are not at fault.
    But the first step I would do is go to a good broker and have them shop around with several insurance companies for the best rate. The broker can do a much better job than you can. Make sure the broker is an independent that will work with many insurance companies, not just one or two.
    Option #2: Get married ASAP and have new husband pay the bill.
    Option #3: Obtain court order to be covered for insurance by former husband, if you are proceeding with divorce route.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 98.221.146.6

User Level 1
    Member No: 192593 bella1157 is an unknown quantity at this point bella1157's Avatar

Yes | No
    thanks for the reply
    i was not at fault it was the other party but the case is stillon going
    dont think ill be getting married again lol
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 2.219.196.235

Registered Member

Yes | No
    Most drivers do not understand the importance of Under Insurance (and NO Insurance) in their policies. Cities like Philadelphia have something like 30% of the drivers (may be more) who drive without insurance. If you are in an accident with one of those people---the only protection you have is your OWN auto insurance policy for Under Insured. Otherwise you will take a loss (Property and Medical). Good luck trying to sue someone who has no assets (or permanent address).

Registered Member

Yes | No

Wait

Quote Originally Posted by stevemark134 View Post
    Hey bella1157, there are lots of companies available online that may provide you cheap insurance. I saw such websites but i can not recall it. search on the net by typing such words, car loan asap. Let me know what you get.
    AND in addition to the low rates, one MUST look at the company and the claim procedures and standards. Many times the cheapest company may be the worse decision because of their lack of paying claims properly, fairly, and requiring cheap replacement parts.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information