[h=6][/h]
  • Hi, new here, nice to meet fellow enthusiasts! I have a problem and I need some suggestions.

I have two cars, both insured by the same carrier, a "specialty" insurance company for collector and exotics. They're a great company, I've been with them since 2004 without incident....no tickets, nothing nada, we only drive them to motorsport events and weekend drives, and everything has been wonderful..... that is until recently. I seem to be cursed! For me, when it rains,it pours. Here's my issue and I need to know what you think.

About a year ago one of my cars was backed into. Nobody left a note. It didn't leave much damage, it basically pushed in the shell of the car just enough that the paint "cracked" a bit. I believe the term is called "craizing". where there are tiny little spider cracks. The driver didn't leave a note. I turned it on to my insurance carrier, they told me to get a quote and to have it fixed. I got the quote, I recieved the cheque, I believe it was for maybe $2000. Everything was copasetic.

Fast forward just THREE months and my spouse was driving our other car to the shop when a semi lost his retread tire, it came up and smacked our car. It destroyed the lower rocker panel of our car, ripped off the mirror, and left damage to the door. We turned this one in to the insurance company,and they paid. It is now fixed.

Here's the kicker, now MY car has been damaged again! It's even damaged in the same area, the backside of the car. Once again, at a car event, I was backed into and the damage is substantial, the sheet metal is dented in, even has a hole torn in it and the paint over the entire area of the damage is VERY noticeable and is about to fall off. If I had to guess it looks as though it's going to be about a $6,000 -$7,000 repair. Once again, whomever did it, didn't leave a note. I haven't filed a police report yet, because I'm unsure what to do.

If I turn this claim in, that is THREE CLAIMS in about 8 months time, and two of which on the SAME car. That's more claims that I've had in my entire life! it's like I've been cursed or something.

So far I've been letting it sit, unsure of what to do. I don't want to get dropped by my insurance company. I'm not too worried about my rates going up because I already pay a premium higher than most.

I really want my car fixed and I'm not in a position to pay for it out of pocket. I honestly haven't done anything wrong other than being a victim of circumstance. I am terribly careful. **** in fact. This is just insane. I park far away from other cars, I'm very very careful. I don't even know why someone decided to park out where my car was located...but I digress. The car WAS backed into by some scumbag, so really I should turn it in and have it fixed, but to do so, would be my third claim in 8th months time. I agree it looks odd, heck if I were an insurance company I would start to wonder myself!

Here's where I don't know what to do. Do I turn in the claim on my car, for the new and very serious damage? Do I hope they don't flag me or drop me? I've never had a string of bad luck like this.

Suggestions? Any insurance folks here?