+ Reply to Thread
    User Level 1
    Member No: 193734 MSURATOS is an unknown quantity at this point MSURATOS's Avatar

Yes | No

P0012 & P0015 error found on 2008 BMW X3

Iíd like to ask for help from anyone who can explain to me what the P0012 & P0015 errors are, on a BMW X3?

I brought my vehicle to a regular oil change place thinking I can save huge amount of money compared to bringing it to my dealership; only to find out that itís only $20 cheaper. But right after I pulled out from their bay, my ďcheck engineĒ light came on. Went their 3 times already and have them to reset it for me bcoz I donít want to see the light on my dashboard. I complained about it and told me it has nothing to do with what theyíve serviced me for Ė which is changing my oil. They used their machine (dipstick, I believe) to read the error, and they told me it was a P0012 & P0015, and that I should bring it to a mechanic to check it out. It also showed something about a camshaft, but really never explained to me what that is.

Now Iím scared to bring it to the dealership because my warranty had run out, and am scared how much I am going to pay if I get it fixed. Iím on a really tight budget right now, and would really appreciate any of your advice and help you can give me.

Thanks for all who can help,
    Newbie here
    Iíd like to ask for help from anyone who can explain to me what the P0012 & P0015 errors are, on a BMW X3?

I brought my vehicle to a regular oil change place thinking I can save huge amount of money compared to bringing it to my dealership; only to find out that itís only $20 cheaper. But right after I pulled out from their bay, my ďcheck engineĒ light came on. Went their 3 times already and have them to reset it for me bcoz I donít want to see the light on my dashboard. I complained about it and told me it has nothing to do with what theyíve serviced me for Ė which is changing my oil. They used their machine (dipstick, I believe) to read the error, and they told me it was a P0012 & P0015, and that I should bring it to a mechanic to check it out. It also showed something about a camshaft, but really never explained to me what that is.

Now Iím scared to bring it to the dealership because my warranty had run out, and am scared how much I am going to pay if I get it fixed. Iím on a really tight budget right now, and would really appreciate any of your advice and help you can give me.

Thanks for all who can help,
    Newbie here :)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 206.75.189.141

Unregistered

Yes | No
    Since you're on a tight budget you may want to ask yourself why you are driving an out of warranty BMW. You could seell that and have a more fuel efficient CPO car and max out the warranty so you have nothing to worry about for a while. BMWs are nice if you have extra money but they aren't financially wise purchases by any means.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 72.77.79.218

Unregistered

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Since you're on a tight budget you may want to ask yourself why you are driving an out of warranty BMW. You could seell that and have a more fuel efficient CPO car and max out the warranty so you have nothing to worry about for a while. BMWs are nice if you have extra money but they aren't financially wise purchases by any means.
    Wow! That was helpful! That ought to get that BMW error code cleared..
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 65.96.181.79

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information