+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 5997 hornsch is an unknown quantity at this point hornsch's Avatar

Yes | No

Test drove, placed order! Excited!!!

Greetings!

A long time visitor to this board; have not posted in a while. Test drove the 2013 X1 xDrive35i yesterday. I went to really get a feel for how much interior room the vehicle had. This was my concern. I figured it would perform like a BMW, right?...

I was impressed. For a '1-series' I did not think it would be comfortable at all but my wife and I had plenty of room. I am not a small guy, 6' and weigh about 200 lbs. I adjusted the driver's seat then sat in the back and had enough leg room for any trip. Also more than enough room for baby seat. The back area is good size but not huge. My wife said it looks like an oversized station wagon. I would say she was right but the correct term would be 'crossover'. Similar to the Infiniti EX maybe...

The drive was excellent- BMW indeed! Sat higher than BMW sedan [which eat the road] but lower than X3, both of which I have owned. Got lots of looks from people and everyone at the dealership was looking at it; which is expected for a new model, at least for the USA!

This particular X1 had all the bells and whistles. The dealer just got it in on August 21 and I drove it August 25. Had 64 miles on it. MSRP was $46,000!!! Crazy!

I currently have a 2001, 525i, 5-speed, with 112,000 miles. So it is either put around $3K in for routine maintenance of wear parts, 100K mileage PM's, etc, which I have not done yet, or get something else.

I ordered an sDrive28i an hour and a half after getting to the dealer!!! I am a simple man. No packages. No options. Black exterior, beige leatherette interior. I couldn't believe they found one on the boat over! Usually every BMW has some kind of package or option, etc......The X1 is scheduled to go to Texas but if my dealer can grab it I should be taking delivery in about 2 weeks!! The boats port in GA and my dealer is in Jacksonville so pretty close! If not, I'm sure another one is on the way over or worse case they will have to build one and I'll get it in 10 weeks, but I'll have fun tracking the build!!

Got an OK deal I would say. $545 off MSRP, so $31,000 total for a new BMW X1!!! Not bad when you consider the next lowest price new 4-door BMW, excluding Mini of course, is the 328i at $37,400, no options, including shipping!!

I am very excited and will report back when I have the VIN and start tracking my car.

I am going to pick up the car at the local dealer but then do the Performance Delivery in SC!

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask!

hornsch
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 98.224.45.76

8 Mile Sharks

Yes | No

Hey A!! F!!

How's that black X1 treating you in sunny FL? F!!! IGYG,RG! A!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 74.215.221.246

Registered Member
    Member No: 5997 hornsch is an unknown quantity at this point hornsch's Avatar

Yes | No

Thank you 8 Mile Sharks!

F! A!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 98.224.45.76

Unregistered

Yes | No
    i agree if get x1 no option to keep price moderate. x1 here on lots have $47k which too much but 30k fair
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 72.77.110.130

Unregistered

Yes | No
    BMW is luxurious car and is so beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 216.156.157.241

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information