+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 33295 rafal is an unknown quantity at this point rafal's Avatar

Yes | No

RE: Tire question...

RE: Tire Questions.....
    Hi,

I had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus for the last 45K+ miles on my 2002 525i (235/45/17) and they were v. good in all conditions but light snow. Tried to get the same tires from Costco and they tell me they don't carry that size anymore but have the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires for more or less the same $.

The Costco rep said that he had both of these exact tires on his M3 and the MXM4 were a better tire in his opinion. I read many reviews but mosty are v. sketchy or not on the mark.....

Has anyone had these tires on their cars and if so what's the comparison?

Thank you in advance.....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 23.25.142.37

Registered Member
    Member No: 110885 goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy has a brilliant future goatboy's Avatar

Yes | No
    Primacy MXM4 are all-season, "grand touring" tires, meaning relatively low performance. For what they are, they're great: good traction, no vibration, no noise. Goatgirl has them on her Honda Accord. Her Accord came with Michelins, and I'd catch hell if I bought some other brand and they weren't as good as the OEM tires. She got 78k miles on her OEM "grand touring" Michelins.

I just got screwed on a set of Continental Contact DW's (noise, vibration)... absolute POS's. I'm starting to make a rule that I only buy Michelins.

Go to TireRack.com. They carry pretty much every tire made. Type in your tire size or car and they're all listed. They still have "ultra high performance - all season" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus's. Find an installer with a Chorgi or Hunter tire machine, to minimize wheel screatching during tire removal.

If you drive aggressively, you'd be happier with the Pilot Sport A/S Plus's. If not, the Primacy's are cheaper and would last longer. H version will ride better than V version.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 68.63.75.216

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information