+ Reply to Thread
    User Level 1
    Member No: 197286 Shagnasty is an unknown quantity at this point Shagnasty's Avatar

Yes | No

Introduction

I have just purchased my first Jag, a 2005 XJ8L in grey metalic with 63k miles.
    so far no problems have surfaced, I did however take out a 'service' contract to pay for any problems I may incure.
    first oil change was a shock as I had it done with Mobil 1 synthetic and a nice bill of $98, guess I will do it meself next time.
    My local Jag dealer was as helpful as ***** on a Bull when I asked if the rear mounted cd player was pre wired,with a laugh he said " Ive no idea" then when asked which if any aftermarket sound system head units would fit or could be made to fit I got a shrug and a "How would I know" answer, two strikes..one for rudeness one for treating me like I am stupid. guess I will find a dealership to suit my needs elswhere.
    I love the ride quality and the punch in the engine, it short shifts in first a little jerkily with less than a tickle of the loud pedal, nice brakes gentle when needed and firm when needed.
    There is not a huge amount of leg room for the front passenger though as 'she who must be obeyed' commented.
    Im looking forwards to contributing and learning from this forum just as I have in the Motorcycle forums I frequent.
    Motorcycles have been a passion in my life ever since I wa a kid of 16 and rode my first bike, I currently own a 2011 Triumph Thunderbird storm and a Suzuki 1200 Bandit which is 'streetfightered' and is seriously quick and torquey.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 98.197.66.98

User Level 1
    Member No: 198757 arnoldous is an unknown quantity at this point arnoldous's Avatar

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Yes | No
    Hi to All! I am a new guy here and recently joined the forum to participate in interesting discussions.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 122.177.155.84

User Level 1
    Member No: 201698 kenzie is an unknown quantity at this point kenzie's Avatar

Yes | No
    I have been a Jag owner for some time now and just love the experience. The one I have now is a 2006 XJ and just yesterday I found it going into "limp home mode". Never experienced that before and would like to know what I have to do with it. I drove while slowly and jut as I stopped and called Good Sam's I shut it off an when I started it again I was ok. Hope you do not get this problem but woul love o know what I should do. Thank and welcome.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 156.34.232.8

User Level 1
    Member No: 201698 kenzie is an unknown quantity at this point kenzie's Avatar

Yes | No
    Hi to you as well. I also am new and look forward to learning somethings. God bless
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 156.34.232.8

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information