+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 63687 piperbill is an unknown quantity at this point piperbill's Avatar

Yes | No

New Coupe Owner

I just joined the ranks of Z3 Coupe owners last week and am having a ball driving it (I also have an '85 635CSi). It's all stock and in great shape, with the original cassette radio. While I don't mind digging out my collection of cassettes and even recording a few more from my audio system, I'm wondering if there is any value in trying to find an original CD changer for the car (1999) or, if I want CDs do I have to find an aftermarket (non-BMW) unit?

Thanks.

Bill
    1999 Z3 - Bostongruen Metallic
    1985 635CSi - Arktisblau
    1995 525it - Arktisgrau
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 71.193.28.163

Registered Member
    Member No: 15550 fredbell is an unknown quantity at this point fredbell's Avatar

Yes | No

Welcome!

Welcome to the ranks of the 'shoe' owners!
    Sorry I can't help you on the CD question; I'm an original owner of a '99 MC and it still has the cassette deck. If you search back through the threads, you may find info on replacement head units that people have tried.

BTW, is yours actually an M Coupe rather than a Z Coupe? I didn't recall the Z Coupe being offered in Boston Green (which mine is also). Mine also has the 'ostrich' tan interior, as did several others of that year, even though that interior was supposed to be only in the Z Coupes.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.24.139.106

User Level 1
    Member No: 202868 Borislav98 is an unknown quantity at this point Borislav98's Avatar

Yes | No
    I am currently looking for a Z3 Coupe. This forum does not seem very active. Whilst I owned a 2000 Passat, which was taken out by a Land Rover, the forum there at PassatWorld was very active. Have the Z3 people migrated elsewhere?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 50.39.222.245

Registered Member
    Member No: 15550 fredbell is an unknown quantity at this point fredbell's Avatar

Yes | No
    This forum was very active, and very informative, in the first few years when new M Coupes were still sold. Lots of us traded great ideas on modifications, experiences, etc. Then we saw a lot of ownership turnover as the early adopters moved on to newer things like the Z4 and beyond.

Roadfly also lost a number of participants when they did a change of forum format; people went off to that other popular B*mmer website.

There are still a few of us hanging around here, but not very much to say apparently. In my own case, I'm an original owner of the M Coupe and it used to be my daily driver, but the car is a garage queen at this point. I don't do much with it except keep it alive for some future unknown purpose until I get tired of providing garage space for it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.24.139.106

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information