+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Yes | No

Help with blinker problem

I have a 1996 Z-3, original owner and low mileage, car. My right blinker works perfectly but when I turn on the headlights it blinks rapidly similar to like when a bulb is burned out. All three bulbs, back, side and front, are working if the headlights are off and also when the headlight is on. Any ideas how to fix this.

Also, the driver's seat slides a little in the channel. I've been told this is common but can it be fixed easily?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 108.162.238.172

Carlin96/M44

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a 1996 Z-3 when I turn on the headlights it blinks rapidly similar to like when a bulb is burned out. Also, the driver's seat slides a little in the channel. I've been told this is common but can it be fixed easily?
    I have that problem once in a while with the signal light (driver side) after troubleshooting found out a ground adjacent to the light was loose...what I did was to install another ground wire pigtail to the car ground wire to an adjacent stud. Note it does not correct the problem complete I still get the fast flash signal, but only for a short time and every 6 month or so.

About the seat track, yes it is a normal occurrence with our 1.9 bimmers, but to fixed the problem you need to buy (4) nylon seat track bushings (2) per track they are sold everywhere (E-bay, major car BMW parts, and to see how to do it click on Pelican Parts for instructions in the internet web. If you are doing the fix I recommend to do both seats.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.68.141.45

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information