+ Reply to Thread
    Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©57 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Hello old timers!

Just stopping by to say hello to my E39 friends! I sold my '03 last year and bought a 2016 428i Gran Coupe (F36) with the M package. It's a nice car, but I still miss my E39. Too bad it had to get old! Guess eventually that happens to all of us. Hope all of you are still having fun with your E39s!

I've attached a picture of my new car. The windows are tinted and I had clear protection put on the front. Other than that and a CQuartz finish, I haven't done anything else. I've owned it 15 months now and haven't even put 10,000 miles on it yet. That's partly because my husband and any guests actually fit better in our Jeep vs this car.

Have a great summer!
    Viv
    Attached Images
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.68.132.220

Registered Member
    Member No: 4328 jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev's Avatar

Yes | No
    Hi from another old time Roadflyer.
    Your 428i M looks nice. I still have my (even more) juiced up 540, it's just parked in a different garage now. We moved from MA to NM in 2016. Got sick and tired of the long cold snow filled winters, crappy roads, etc.
    This last Jan we also bought a left over 2016 Highlander. In 8 months we put 17K on it.
    Just a few mods.
    If it ain't broken make it better and quicker!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.68.34.51

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©57 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No
    Hi Jim,
    Are we the only old timers around any more?
    Nice to hear from you. I bet you're very happy to get out of that snow! And to hear your E39 is still alive!
    Since I last wrote we are back to 2 vehicles, mine and the Mini. Hubby totalled the Jeep when he hit a guy who ran a red light. Fortunately he's ok. Soon we'll be shopping for another SUV.
    I'm recovering from rotator cuff surgery. Hopefully in another 3 weeks I'll be able to drive again. It hasn't been fun, but will be good to have full use of my arm again!
    Take care!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.68.132.46

Registered Member
    Member No: 4328 jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev's Avatar

Yes | No
    Hi Viv,
    I don't look at us as old times, just as seasoned bimmer owners.
    Yes, it was nice to get the hell out of MA and be able to finally drive my 540 almost year round.
    I just bought all the parts to add twin tip exhaust to the pass side, hope to get it done this winter. Will need to cut up the trunk floor to do it.

Most of us are now on bimmerforums or b....fest, or both.

We did make one trip last year to Sequoia NP and then to Yosemite. Might do it again next year or go up to Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. Haven't decided yet.
    Good to hear from you, wish both of you a speedy recovery.
    Just a few mods.
    If it ain't broken make it better and quicker!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.68.34.87

Registered Member
    Member No: 9482 tyrone is an unknown quantity at this point tyrone's Avatar

Yes | No
    Hi Viv and Jim,

I can't remember the last time I posted in here...YEARS for sure! Congrats on the new car, but I can understand why you'd miss the E39. It was the last 5er from BMW's golden age :) I haven't had an E39 since probably 2008, but I haven't left the brand either. I got a couple models I wanted well before the E39, an E34 540i 6-speed (mine is a '95 in Individual Avusblau, but not the rare "Sport" version) and an M5 ('93 Sterlingsilber). The M5 is a Frank Fahey 4-liter stroker and a blast to drive. I also have a pair of W126 Mercedes, a '90 560 SEC that's seen better days (daily car) and a Japan-spec '90 560 SEL in collector condition. So you can see instead of getting newer and newer cars, I'm going the other way! I guess I still have a partial E39 with all the parts I have left, and of course there are E39 friendships that will last forever. I am in regular touch with some of the local guys from the bimmer.org days, and try to have contact with Jim Cash at least a few times per year. In fact I'll see BillP and Agent99 from your parts next week, and I saw Jon Shafer earlier this year at ßimmerfest (I hadn't gone since 2006!).

Jim, that's a pretty big move. Very different states even aside from the weather. Hope you're enjoying it there.

Tyrone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.68.211.75

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information