+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 203646 bradleyheathhays is an unknown quantity at this point bradleyheathhays's Avatar

Yes | No

How about a 2005 325i?

I've been keeping my eye out for a good 2006-7 (E90) 325, 328 or 330i, and just today I've run up on a really good looking 2005 325i (sports and premium package) with only 88k miles.

Do I remember correctly researching the E46s that the used ones will have some kind of transmission problem that you'd better be ready to shell out a couple grand for it you want to keep it rolling? I think that's why I decided a couple years ago not to get into the e46s.

If I'm mistaken and they don't have that transmission problem, is there any reason performance or maintenance wise I shouldn't be looking at this '05 E46 325i? If I buy it of course I'd like for it to last til around 200k miles if possible. I guess another way to put my question is...what are the major maintenance problems I can expect in the next 100k miles with this car and how much do they cost (considering I'm a moderately proficient mechanic and do most of the maintenance myself)?
    Last edited by bradleyheathhays; 07-22-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 108.162.219.75

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information