+ Reply to Thread
    Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 133065
    Inner Circle ©3 since: Oct 02, 2017 maxnt is an unknown quantity at this point maxnt's Avatar

Yes | No

Need 2 pieces for completion of '88 E24 restoration

2 Pieces left and I am out of options:

Need seat hinge cover (prefer grey (silber) BUT ANY COLOR WILL DO, will paint to match) for
    Electric Head Rest Sport Seats (M6 or 635CSi) .....outer cover for passenger seat.

BMW Part# 51 16 1 965 398 Cover panel outer right (SILBER) Will buy all 4 in set if I have to.

Also:

Leather covered automatic shift handle...leather in grey or black.....will also consider dying leather if another color is available.

This is my first post, if I am in the wrong place or posted incorrectly, please let me know.
    (Don't know what a "tag" is or what it does.......)
    Thanks for reading, maxnt
    Attached Images
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.68.54.75

Administrator Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 1
    Inner Circle ©212 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

Yes | No
    Looks great!

I moved your post to the E24 specific forum.

BMW 6 Series Forum (E24)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Admin IP hidden

Registered Member
    Member No: 147731 SprCpe is an unknown quantity at this point SprCpe's Avatar

Yes | No
    I found seat covers for my 89 at Maximillian importing
    http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online...05&hg=52&fg=25

Never was able to find a leather shift handle, I'm having my wheel, shift handle, and emergency brake handle redone this winter.
    Love the color of your Coupe, missed one like yours with a 5 speed a few years ago, still kick my butt lol...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 108.162.245.39

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 133065
    Inner Circle ©3 since: Oct 02, 2017 maxnt is an unknown quantity at this point maxnt's Avatar

Yes | No

Now Need 1 piece for completion of '88 E24 restoration!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SprCpe View Post
    I found seat covers for my 89 at Maximillian importing
    http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online...05&hg=52&fg=25

Never was able to find a leather shift handle, I'm having my wheel, shift handle, and emergency brake handle redone this winter.
    Love the color of your Coupe, missed one like yours with a 5 speed a few years ago, still kick my butt lol...

Hi SprCpe!
    Thanks for the suggestion but the guys at Maximillian know me by my first name!! I have aggravated them for years!
    When Saul hears my name, he groans!!! LOL!

COVERS:
    These outer passenger covers are really No Longer Available for 635CSi and M6 "electric" seats...the Maximillian crew
    have helped me find the other 3 hinge covers but the passenger outer is a rare one to find....I even have a couple of the other hinge covers that are not "silber" but I found plastic and vinyl spay paint that takes care of that issue!

I have about 8 of these covers that have been sent to me as the right ones but they are not for electric seats, they
    are for manual seats.

I even have a German Website and it seems all they have is "manual" seat hinge covers.

LEATHER SHIFTER:
    I bought an OEM plastic auto shifter and removed the rubber from the trigger return and installed it into my leather
    covered shifter handle! It cost me $60 bucks to do that, crazy, eh? $60 for a piece of rubber the size of a fat hand
    pencil/ink eraser! The things we do for our coupes, eh?

I saw a 635CSi leather shifter, handbrake and steering wheel not long ago on Ebay but they have been scooped up. I
    just checked for you.

Thanks for the compliment, I really love the "Cirrus Bleu". All the best, Max
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.68.54.75

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information