+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 186568 Boaf32 is an unknown quantity at this point Boaf32's Avatar

Yes | No

Boggin down and Bucking

Fellow 928er's

Been a long while since posted. Took the 928S 1986 1/2 S out after having it not fired after roughly 2 months. Going up a hill and on a turn, my favorite car bucks and bogs down. It seems to spit out the carb. At first I thought the fuel filter was starving the carb but I got on it, after pulling over and vavoom, great. I have not driven it in several months, 3/4 tank of gas and fuel stabilizer added when I knew I would be away.

Some statistics:
    • Belts and water pump are 1 year old
    • Have not replaced the spark wires (but can be a quick fix if needed). Not sure that's it.
    • Highway speed is fine.
    I think it may just need to fill up on 93 octane and burn out the carbon, but wondering sf others who have stored their 928S' have had out of storage bucking. Don't want to fix what's not broken.

Thanks.

Boaf
    Boaf
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 108.162.216.93

Registered Member
    Member No: 186568 Boaf32 is an unknown quantity at this point Boaf32's Avatar

Yes | No

Update on Cough

All,

Update: Start with the simple, then go to the complicated is the best rule of thumb. Spitting and bucking, not enough air or too much fuel. Low and behold, found a ton of grass on the air filter over the center of the intake. No mouse I am happy to report. Cleared it, took it out on the high way to un-foul the plugs, and seems to be working well.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaf32 View Post
    Fellow 928er's

Been a long while since posted. Took the 928S 1986 1/2 S out after having it not fired after roughly 2 months. Going up a hill and on a turn, my favorite car bucks and bogs down. It seems to spit out the carb. At first I thought the fuel filter was starving the carb but I got on it, after pulling over and vavoom, great. I have not driven it in several months, 3/4 tank of gas and fuel stabilizer added when I knew I would be away.

Some statistics:
    • Belts and water pump are 1 year old
    • Have not replaced the spark wires (but can be a quick fix if needed). Not sure that's it.
    • Highway speed is fine.
    I think it may just need to fill up on 93 octane and burn out the carbon, but wondering sf others who have stored their 928S' have had out of storage bucking. Don't want to fix what's not broken.

Thanks.

Boaf
    Boaf
    Boaf
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 172.68.54.51

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information