+ Reply to Thread
    Carlín96/M44

Yes | No

Once a year I change the PCV valve...more

This time while changing the PCV valve, I noticed the breather connection hose it was soft and creased, so I decided to change the hose but the hose is connected to another hose by a shrinking rubber sleeve. Now I have a cooling vent hose that goes to the expansion tank, plus the breather hose that goes to the PCV valve, this was a new task for me to R&R the hoses (P/N11151247903) the one I had the most trouble was the cooling hose going behind the engine you might need a long common head screwdriver or a long socket extension for a 6mm socket to loosen the support clamp or just cut the union sleeve and buy a hose long enough to connect between the PCV spud and the breather tube in the valve cover if that hose rubber is bad.

Don't panic if you find coolant on the floor the cooling hose when removed it contains some coolant.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 162.158.142.21

Registered Member
    Member No: 13295 bryanclar is on a distinguished road bryanclar's Avatar

Yes | No
    Why do you change the PCV once a year? Is it a 1.9 thing? I've never changed mine...
    TexZan

97 2.8 Arctic Silver - Tanin Red interior with wood console - black top
    Whalen Shift Machine, polished - Type II windscreen (non roll-hoops) - Bilstein HD shocks/struts
    Axxis Metal Master pads - Brembo rotors - Doug Whalen seat bushings
    Passenger Eject (unfortunately non-functional) - OEM Passenger Airbag Disable switch
    Polk Audio all around - Blaupunkt PA amps - LeatherZ Mark II armrest - Strong Strut Trio -
    AUX input via tapedeck
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 162.158.90.41

Carlín96/M44

Yes | No

PCV valve

Yes, it is 1.9L 4cyl...Since the PCV works as a filter and I drive (hard) in a desert environment, why not! plus it force me to look more closely to other parts that need to be change.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 162.158.142.21

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information