+ Reply to Thread
    Andy

Yes | No

Best Way To Get Air Out of ABS System?

A few years ago my clutch master cylinder brake fluid line leaked and eventually drained the brake fluid reservoir. Not knowing this was going on until my brakes got soft, I must have injected a lot of air into the brake system. I manually bled the system a few times but my brakes remained soft. I changed the bomb and it improved slightly. Now when I go down a steep hill with dry pavement and put on the brakes I can hear the ABS pump activating for a few seconds and stop. If I repeat this scenario immediatley the ABS pump does not engage but the ABS system is dead (I brake hard and the wheels lock). I suspect air in the ABS system. Am I going in the right direction here?<p>TIA<p>Andy<br>85 535i

tim atl.

Yes | No

Hit your brakes hard and then bleed them again..

Drive your car, hit your brakes hard and then bleed them again. That worked for me.<p>Tim Atl.<br>A few years ago my clutch master cylinder brake fluid line leaked and eventually drained the brake fluid reservoir. Not knowing this was going on until my brakes got soft, I must have injected a lot of air into the brake system. I manually bled the system a few times but my brakes remained soft. I changed the bomb and it improved slightly. Now when I go down a steep hill with dry pavement and put on the brakes I can hear the ABS pump activating for a few seconds and stop. If I repeat this scenario immediatley the ABS pump does not engage but the ABS system is dead (I brake hard and the wheels lock). I suspect air in the ABS system. Am I going in the right direction here?<p>TIA<p>Andy<br>85 535i<p></i><br>

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information