+ Reply to Thread
    Jim

Yes | No

capacitive discharge ignition

I just removed a Mark Ten B capacitive discharge ignition system from my 75 parts car. I have a 72tii with Perktronic in a new distributor. Anyone have experience with using these together.

Thanks.

Blue 02

Yes | No

What the hell is that?

: I just removed a Mark Ten B capacitive discharge ignition system from my 75 parts car. I have a 72tii with Perktronic in a new distributor. Anyone have experience with using these together.

: Thanks.

jim

Yes | No

Re: What the hell is that?

: : I just removed a Mark Ten B capacitive discharge ignition system from my 75 parts car. I have a 72tii with Perktronic in a new distributor. Anyone have experience with using these together.

: : Thanks.

It is what it says it is. It is a Mark Ten B capacitive ignition box, manufactured by Delta Products in Grand Junction, CO.

Let me rephrase the question, has anyone a capacitive discharge ignition with a Perctronix.

Clement Schmitt

Yes | No

Re: capacitive discharge ignition

: I just removed a Mark Ten B capacitive discharge ignition system from my 75 parts car. I have a 72tii with Perktronic in a new distributor. Anyone have experience with using these together.

: Thanks.

I run a Pertronics with a MSD 6al. Works great.

The Mark 10 unit was very popular 15 years ago. I haven't seen one in recent years that was still working. Heat and/or vibration are not their friend.

Because of age, I would discard the Mark 10 without asking if it still works. MSD, Jacobs, Crane, etal. supply proven units that will significantly improve performance of your engine.

Installation is the key to longevity of these systems. The common mounting is behind the passenger side head lamp. This minimizes heat, but is not that good for vibration. Personally, I go inside the cabin (but not over the exhaust) for a mounting place.

Unregistered

Yes | No

Mark ten

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I just removed a Mark Ten B capacitive discharge ignition system from my 75 parts car. I have a 72tii with Perktronic in a new distributor. Anyone have experience with using these together.

Thanks.

I'd like to give the Mark Ten a nice home. Had one a long time ago. Not nearly as good as today's CD MSDs but I like it.
    Would you be willing to part with it? I'll be happy to pay you something for it plus shipping.

Thanks,
    Doug 314-210-1135
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 206.197.217.10

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information