+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaky car!

David Carr

Yes | No

Shaky car!

My 91 325iC vibrates really badly when I am going fairly slow ie: 25mph and also just randomly throughout the different ranges of speed. I am pretty positive it is not the U-joint or center bearing or anything drive shaft related because it seems to increase when hitting a bump. Shocks and struts are brand new. Could the control arm bushings have anything to do with it. It definitely seems like a front end thing. I did notice that the center support for the exhaust is missing.

Steve Cannata

Yes | No

Re: Shaky car!

Start with the easy things, go in for a wheel balance and rotation- make sure they take the old weights off first. If that doesn't work, or they have to use alot of weights, your tires are probably out of round- replace' em.
    Steve
    90 ix

My 91 325iC vibrates really badly when I am going fairly slow ie: 25mph and also just randomly throughout the different ranges of speed. I am pretty positive it is not the U-joint or center bearing or anything drive shaft related because it seems to increase when hitting a bump. Shocks and struts are brand new. Could the control arm bushings have anything to do with it. It definitely seems like a front end thing. I did notice that the center support for the exhaust is missing.

David Carr

Yes | No

I have new tires

in the front and the rears were very new when I purchased the car a month ago. They looked like they had just been put on. I had the fronts moved to the back and then the newly purchased tires put on the front. I will have them checked but I really am curious about control arm bushings. Seems I've heard that worn ones will cause shimmying. I know a convertible is not the smoothest ride in the world but I would think it would be better than this. Thanks for your help!

Start with the easy things, go in for a wheel balance and rotation- make sure they take the old weights off first. If that doesn't work, or they have to use alot of weights, your tires are probably out of round- replace' em.
    Steve
    90 ix

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information