+ Reply to Thread
    Jack

Yes | No

Anyone have a Derringer 2 Alarm

Sorry for the slightly off topic.. but I have a derringer 2 alarm in my M3, made by Vehicle Security Electronics (which is out of buisness).

My problem is that I don't know how to decrease the sensitivity of this alarm.. anyone have a manual, or know how to do this?

Thanks,
    -Jack

Anthony OO=00=OO

Yes | No

Re: Anyone have a Derringer 2 Alarm

Sorry for the slightly off topic.. but I have a derringer 2 alarm in my M3, made by Vehicle Security Electronics (which is out of buisness).

My problem is that I don't know how to decrease the sensitivity of this alarm.. anyone have a manual, or know how to do this?

Thanks,
    -Jack

I'm pretty sure that all alarms have small dials on the brain itself. Try turning it to the left a quarter at a time. Good Luck......

Alan///M3

Yes | No

Also, if there isn't an adjustment screw on the brain itself follow the leads to the shock sensor (or find it) it should be mounted on a solid area (mine is on the sterring column) and it should have an adjustment screw.

Angus

Yes | No

Thanks,
    -Jack

Jack ,i too have a Derringer2 alarm in my E30M3 and i also have a owners manual and a photocopy of the installation manual (which was not to be given out to the general public on to factory-authorised installers).
    on the main processor unit there is a ShatterGaurd sensitivity knob if you have that feature. as for a shock sensor it would be an option wired into the zone2 trigger input for the main processor ,and would be an off the shelf item (not something provided with the alarm) so any adjustments (if any are possible) would have to be done at the shock sensor itself as the main processor just see's a ground signal from the shock sensor to trigger the alarm. so the jist of what im saying is you need to figure out if there are adjustments at the shock sensor itself or get one that is less sensitive. hope this helps, any more ? and i will research the owner/install manual's if needed. we have a mobile security shop here in Seattle that is well versed on this alarm system as well and have an address for VSE in Calif (the maker of the alarm) as i had mine fixed about two years ago ,dont know wether they are still in business like you say though!

Unregistered

Yes | No

Derringer 2

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post

Thanks,
    -Jack

Jack ,i too have a Derringer2 alarm in my E30M3 and i also have a owners manual and a photocopy of the installation manual (which was not to be given out to the general public on to factory-authorised installers).
    on the main processor unit there is a ShatterGaurd sensitivity knob if you have that feature. as for a shock sensor it would be an option wired into the zone2 trigger input for the main processor ,and would be an off the shelf item (not something provided with the alarm) so any adjustments (if any are possible) would have to be done at the shock sensor itself as the main processor just see's a ground signal from the shock sensor to trigger the alarm. so the jist of what im saying is you need to figure out if there are adjustments at the shock sensor itself or get one that is less sensitive. hope this helps, any more ? and i will research the owner/install manual's if needed. we have a mobile security shop here in Seattle that is well versed on this alarm system as well and have an address for VSE in Calif (the maker of the alarm) as i had mine fixed about two years ago ,dont know wether they are still in business like you say though!

I know its been a while.. But do you have the remote programming instructions for this alarm.. ? I have derringer 2 on my mbz 190e 3.2 AMG baby hammer. Tnx.. Can you send me a copy if you have it? [email protected]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 76.247.221.178

Unregistered

Yes | No

Owners manual

I have an owner's manual I found with everything in my ford bronco I can send you a picture of the pages
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 108.162.238.118

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information