+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mike Owens

Yes | No

Anyone Know Of A Mercedes CLK Discussion Board?

I know - This is a BMW Discussion Board and all, and my wife has a '99 323i (White/Tan) that she thoroughly enjoys (and occasionally even lets me drive).

I, however, have just placed an order and deposit on a new '00 CLK430 Cabriolet, which is due in next spring. I find this BMW Board incredibly informative (as well as entertaining), so if anyone knows of a similar Board which discusses Mercedes automobiles, especially the CLK, please post the address for me.

Thanks!

DrBimmer

Yes | No

www.oldfarts.org/m-benz/clkmessages.html LOL!!!!

: I know - This is a BMW Discussion Board and all, and my wife has a '99 323i (White/Tan) that she thoroughly enjoys (and occasionally even lets me drive).
    :
    : I, however, have just placed an order and deposit on a new '00 CLK430 Cabriolet, which is due in next spring. I find this BMW Board incredibly informative (as well as entertaining), so if anyone knows of a similar Board which discusses Mercedes automobiles, especially the CLK, please post the address for me.

: Thanks!

:

CLK forum (eom) phil - nice cars
    Member No: CLK forum (eom) phil - nice cars's Avatar

Yes | No

www.InsidetheWeb.com search for CLK - Mr. Vanos'

: I know - This is a BMW Discussion Board and all, and my wife has a '99 323i (White/Tan) that she thoroughly enjoys (and occasionally even lets me drive).
    :
    : I, however, have just placed an order and deposit on a new '00 CLK430 Cabriolet, which is due in next spring. I find this BMW Board incredibly informative (as well as entertaining), so if anyone knows of a similar Board which discusses Mercedes automobiles, especially the CLK, please post the address for me.

: Thanks!

:

LoL!!!

Yes | No

Sounds like jealousy to me

: : I know - This is a BMW Discussion Board and all, and my wife has a '99 323i (White/Tan) that she thoroughly enjoys (and occasionally even lets me drive).
    : :
    : : I, however, have just placed an order and deposit on a new '00 CLK430 Cabriolet, which is due in next spring. I find this BMW Board incredibly informative (as well as entertaining), so if anyone knows of a similar Board which discusses Mercedes automobiles, especially the CLK, please post the address for me.

: : Thanks!

Mike Owens

Yes | No

Re: Very Funny, Dr. Bimmer... (more)

Very Funny...

If owning a '99 Audi A6 Avant, a '99 BMW 323i, a yellow '99 Prowler, a red '91 NSX, a '72 Chevelle SS Convertible, and having both a CLK 430 Cab. and an Audi TT Roadster on order like I do qualifies me as an "old fart", I guess at age 41 I'm guilty as charged.

bob

Yes | No

your car collection doesn't change the fact....

that you are an old fart....nice attempt with the
    3er though.

it's a state of MB ownership. eom.
    Member No: it's a state of MB ownership. eom.'s Avatar

Yes | No

oldfart is not an age. . . .

: Very Funny...

: If owning a '99 Audi A6 Avant, a '99 BMW 323i, a yellow '99 Prowler, a red '91 NSX, a '72 Chevelle SS Convertible, and having both a CLK 430 Cab. and an Audi TT Roadster on order like I do qualifies me as an "old fart", I guess at age 41 I'm guilty as charged.

Mike Owens

Yes | No

Re: your car collection doesn't change the fact...

Bob,

Believe it or not, there are other car companies out there (besides BMW) that make a fine automobile...

Guess I'll have to move to Florida, hike up my trousers, and put on a loud colored jacket now that I'll be driving my 275HP, AMG equipped CLK Cabriolet...

only the 320 is a cab,,,,nice try!
    Member No: only the 320 is a cab,,,,nice try!'s Avatar

Yes | No

too bad, MB doesn't make a 430 CLK cab...

: Very Funny...

: If owning a '99 Audi A6 Avant, a '99 BMW 323i, a yellow '99 Prowler, a red '91 NSX, a '72 Chevelle SS Convertible, and having both a CLK 430 Cab. and an Audi TT Roadster on order like I do qualifies me as an "old fart", I guess at age 41 I'm guilty as charged.

you don't know IDIOT!!!
    Member No: you don't know IDIOT!!!'s Avatar

Yes | No

2000 CLK430 Cabrio exists, don't comment on stuff

: : Very Funny...

: : If owning a '99 Audi A6 Avant, a '99 BMW 323i, a yellow '99 Prowler, a red '91 NSX, a '72 Chevelle SS Convertible, and having both a CLK 430 Cab. and an Audi TT Roadster on order like I do qualifies me as an "old fart", I guess at age 41 I'm guilty as charged.

oldfarts unlimited

Yes | No

: Bob,

: Believe it or not, there are other car companies out there (besides BMW) that make a fine automobile...

: Guess I'll have to move to Florida, hike up my trousers, and put on a loud colored jacket now that I'll be driving my 275HP, AMG equipped CLK Cabriolet...

Yeah, with your sissy oldfart automatic transmission

Mike Owens

Yes | No

Re: Sure they do...

Mercedes is offering the CLK430 in Cabriolet form for the 2000 model year, and the first cars are set to arrive at M-B dealerships in approx. 3 weeks.

MSRP is $55,600 + $595 shipping for a Base price of $56,195.

Better check your sources before commenting on something you obviously know nothing about.

Mike Owens

Yes | No

You know, I came on this Board as a BMW owner (my wife owns a '99 323i) and all I wanted to know was whether or not anyone knew of a good Mercedes CLK Board.

My wife and I have personally bought new 5 BMW's since 1984, and while BMW certainly makes one fine automobile, some BMW owners just can't (or won't) accept the fact that the main competitor to BMW (namely Mercedes) puts out a very fine automobile as well.

Kind of reminds me of a friend of mine a few years ago when I owned a new '96 Viper GTS. My friend, who's a real Corvette freak, wouldn't even sit in my Viper, nor even go for a ride with me, because as he stated "it's just not a Chevrolet". His wife drove a Chevy, his son drove a Chevy, and he drove a Chevy. To him, NOTHING was as good as a Chevy.

Sort of limits one's options, don't you think, when only Chevy's (or for that matter, BMW's) are the only cars one considers "proper" cars to own and drive.

PS....When BMW actually comes out with a nice hi- horse 4 seater convertible to compete with the CLK's 275 HP, I'll be the first to look. I believe that's probably 2 years away with the new M3 Convertible.

DrBimmer

Yes | No

Hey Mike- please read

I am sorry if you got upset at my original reply about the 'old farts' thing. I did not mean to upset anyone, I just wanted to humor everyone a bit!! Anyway, I am not like others here. I think M-B and Audi make great cars, but I prefer BMW. If M-B offered a 6 cyl C class for under $35k, I might have bought one!! I am actually am fan of M-Bs current creations. The new S class is very attractive, and the SLK/CLK are beautiful. A personal friend happens to be a M-B buff, and will not buy anything besides M-B. He has owned a 89/90 (not sure) S class, a 95 C280, a SLK230 (for his daughter, it was the first one delivered in the Northeast, it wasn't even supposed to be sold!), a 98 SL500, and a 99 E320 that he just bought. I have driven most of them and they are great, and very solid, high quality vehicles. If M-B had introduced their new C class before I got my car, my choice might have been different. But, I do like a 6 cyl and a 5 spd., so the BMW kind of won out. The one thing that bothers me about the M-B is the image thing. I know BMW has a image thing, too, but around here where I live, especially in the portuguese comunity, a person buys a M-B to show off that they are rich. I don't want my family and friends to be treating me funny now because they think I am rich. They all like my BMW, but they all know i didn't break the bank to buy it!! I did look at a C280 at my dealer, and it was a great car, but I thought the MSRP of over $40k was a little too high, especailly sans a Navigation system, etc. that the new E46 has avaiable.

DrBimmer
    BMW Click for a closer look of my two Bimmers
    '99 323i Sport, Alpine White/Sand Leather (traded)
    '00 323i Sport Premium, Titanium Silver/Grey (current)

: You know, I came on this Board as a BMW owner (my wife owns a '99 323i) and all I wanted to know was whether or not anyone knew of a good Mercedes CLK Board.

: My wife and I have personally bought new 5 BMW's since 1984, and while BMW certainly makes one fine automobile, some BMW owners just can't (or won't) accept the fact that the main competitor to BMW (namely Mercedes) puts out a very fine automobile as well.

: Kind of reminds me of a friend of mine a few years ago when I owned a new '96 Viper GTS. My friend, who's a real Corvette freak, wouldn't even sit in my Viper, nor even go for a ride with me, because as he stated "it's just not a Chevrolet". His wife drove a Chevy, his son drove a Chevy, and he drove a Chevy. To him, NOTHING was as good as a Chevy.

: Sort of limits one's options, don't you think, when only Chevy's (or for that matter, BMW's) are the only cars one considers "proper" cars to own and drive.

: PS....When BMW actually comes out with a nice hi- horse 4 seater convertible to compete with the CLK's 275 HP, I'll be the first to look. I believe that's probably 2 years away with the new M3 Convertible.

:

Ausgang

Yes | No

Age-wise you're exactly avg for a 3er...(more)

:

I saw the discussion below, evidently with some knocks towards your allegedly advanced age. (DrBimmer's comments obviously in jest)

However, your age (41) is exactly the median age of 328ci owners, so you're in a perfect position to blast the young wipper-snappers and the old timers both! BTW, median age for 323ci owners is 43. (interesting little difference.)

Median age for MB CLK320 owners is a full decade greater, so I say buy a 3er and be young again!
    Cheers mike,

Mike Owens

Yes | No

Re: Hey Mike- please read

Dr Bimmer,

I'm fairly new to this Board, so I did not know you well enough to know what you said was in jest. Being called an "old fart" is kind of funny - I've certainly been called worse. Sorry to have dragged this thread on and on, and hope you didn't take offense to my comments as well.

I do love BMW's - my wife wouldn't even look at another make when we bought her a new '99 White/Tan 323i several months ago. She traded in a 46,000 mile Red/Tan '94 325i, and we never had a problem with the car in 5 years of ownership.

The reason I'm buying a CLK430 Cabriolet is that no other company I know of offers a quality, hi-horse, 4 seater convertible. The 430 has a 275 HP V-8 and AMG ground effects and wheels. Resale on the 320 Cab's has been incredible - they're bringing $3000-4000 over sticker at dealer auctions.

When BMW offers the new body-style M3 Convertible, I'll be first in line. Until then, guess I can be an "old fart" (just kidding)!

Take care.

Mike

DrBimmer

Yes | No

Hey guys- don't shoot me, but I am actually 42!!!!

: I saw the discussion below, evidently with some knocks towards your allegedly advanced age. (DrBimmer's comments obviously in jest)

: However, your age (41) is exactly the median age of 328ci owners, so you're in a perfect position to blast the young wipper-snappers and the old timers both! BTW, median age for 323ci owners is 43. (interesting little difference.)

: Median age for MB CLK320 owners is a full decade greater, so I say buy a 3er and be young again!
    : Cheers mike,

but worked hard...mike
    Member No: but worked hard...mike's Avatar

Yes | No

just bought my new '00 323i, new house, and im 27

: I saw the discussion below, evidently with some knocks towards your allegedly advanced age. (DrBimmer's comments obviously in jest)

: However, your age (41) is exactly the median age of 328ci owners, so you're in a perfect position to blast the young wipper-snappers and the old timers both! BTW, median age for 323ci owners is 43. (interesting little difference.)

: Median age for MB CLK320 owners is a full decade greater, so I say buy a 3er and be young again!
    : Cheers mike,

rickp

Yes | No

I turned 41 yesterday..............

......make my MY 2001 330Ci Topaz blue please! (grins)

Rick

PS So DrBimmer, is there life after 41? (big grins)

rickp

Yes | No

You've had quite a nice collection of cars........

.......there's certainly not anything "old fartish" about an Audi TT Roadster!!!

I've briefly considered a used NSX (but, will probably opt for a 2001 330CI). How'd you like your 91 NSX?

Rick
    98 tuned 2.8 Audi A4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information