+ Reply to Thread
    Dave Hall

Yes | No

E34 M5 Chip recomendation

Does anyone want to recommend the best chip to use in a '92 E34M5? Stock HP is 311. What are the claimed HP increases? Dinan? Jim Confort (sic) others? Please advise. <br>Dave H

danny

Yes | No

Re: E34 M5 Chip recomendation

I believe both boast a 39hp increase... although I am not sure if this is accurate or not. <p>I would look into the Mark D Sylva chip, his chip has been tried and tested by many, with both the Dinan chip and the Conforti Chip.... and they have kept the Sylva chip b/c it runs better, and gives more power.... I will also mention again that I am not sure of the gains that these companies advertise, 39hp seems like an awful lot for a $200 computer chip... but you never know.<p><i><br>Does anyone want to recommend the best chip to use in a '92 E34M5? Stock HP is 311. What are the claimed HP increases? Dinan? Jim Confort (sic) others? Please advise. <br>Dave H<p></i><br>

Benster

Yes | No

I have owned both a Dinan and a JC chip. I have also had the opportunity to help Mark D'Sylva test his chip as well.<p>Bottom line is that YMMV (your milage may vary). My M5 with the Dinan chip did "seem" to perform better that stock. I purchased the JC chip out of curiosity. I dynoed the JC vs Dinan in my car and the dyno showed the Dinan to perform better. I have had people dispute these results with me. Again, this was in MY CAR.<p>I used Mark's test chip for almost a year. I did not get a change to dyno it against stock or Dinan, but I did enjoy the "smoothness" of the acceleration feel of the chip. The Dinan is sort of an "all or nothing" acceleration depending on the RPM range.<p>I would recommend that if you have the luxury of trying more than one chip, do so. Neither the Dinan or the JC chip gave me a 39hp increase I can guarantee that. Both had different "feel" from stock and from each other. It is like buying shoes. Gotta find a good pair that just "fits".<p>My $0.02. For what it is worth, I am keeping my Dinan AND buying one of Mark's chips as well. Mark's chip is very smooth and quick. I prefer it much more for daily driving. The Dinan has a slightly lower idle which makes a nice deep rumble tone which sounds great for public appearances!<p>-Benster<br>1991 M5<p><i><br>I believe both boast a 39hp increase... although I am not sure if this is accurate or not. <p>I would look into the Mark D Sylva chip, his chip has been tried and tested by many, with both the Dinan chip and the Conforti Chip.... and they have kept the Sylva chip b/c it runs better, and gives more power.... I will also mention again that I am not sure of the gains that these companies advertise, 39hp seems like an awful lot for a $200 computer chip... but you never know.<p><br>Does anyone want to recommend the best chip to use in a '92 E34M5? Stock HP is 311. What are the claimed HP increases? Dinan? Jim Confort (sic) others? Please advise. <br>Dave H<p><br></i><br>

M5James

Yes | No

Hey there Benster!!<p>Long time no hear, except my constant attack of joke emails. I have to agree with Benster, the D'sylva chip definately made the powerband come on a lot smoother, along with the increased idle that make the lumpy idle a little softer. It DEFINATELY gave a power increase, but I haven't dynoed it yet either to be able to confirm a 39HP increase. I have no comparison of the others to be able to give a biased opinion, but I know what I feel is a lot better than stock.<p><i><br>I have owned both a Dinan and a JC chip. I have also had the opportunity to help Mark D'Sylva test his chip as well.<p>Bottom line is that YMMV (your milage may vary). My M5 with the Dinan chip did "seem" to perform better that stock. I purchased the JC chip out of curiosity. I dynoed the JC vs Dinan in my car and the dyno showed the Dinan to perform better. I have had people dispute these results with me. Again, this was in MY CAR.<p>I used Mark's test chip for almost a year. I did not get a change to dyno it against stock or Dinan, but I did enjoy the "smoothness" of the acceleration feel of the chip. The Dinan is sort of an "all or nothing" acceleration depending on the RPM range.<p>I would recommend that if you have the luxury of trying more than one chip, do so. Neither the Dinan or the JC chip gave me a 39hp increase I can guarantee that. Both had different "feel" from stock and from each other. It is like buying shoes. Gotta find a good pair that just "fits".<p>My $0.02. For what it is worth, I am keeping my Dinan AND buying one of Mark's chips as well. Mark's chip is very smooth and quick. I prefer it much more for daily driving. The Dinan has a slightly lower idle which makes a nice deep rumble tone which sounds great for public appearances!<p>-Benster<br>1991 M5<p><br>I believe both boast a 39hp increase... although I am not sure if this is accurate or not. <p>I would look into the Mark D Sylva chip, his chip has been tried and tested by many, with both the Dinan chip and the Conforti Chip.... and they have kept the Sylva chip b/c it runs better, and gives more power.... I will also mention again that I am not sure of the gains that these companies advertise, 39hp seems like an awful lot for a $200 computer chip... but you never know.<p><br>Does anyone want to recommend the best chip to use in a '92 E34M5? Stock HP is 311. What are the claimed HP increases? Dinan? Jim Confort (sic) others? Please advise. <br>Dave H<p><br></i><br>

vitesh

Yes | No

<i><br>Does anyone want to recommend the best chip to use in a '92 E34M5? Stock HP is 311. What are the claimed HP increases? Dinan? Jim Confort (sic) others? Please advise. <br>Dave H<p></i>Howzit.Once when i was chatting with some owe about cars he gave me the website of a chip tunning firm.I think it was his and the m5 produced 254 kw with that chip.Thats 345 hp.It was quite a while back i never seen the guy since plus i cannot remember the website and cannot go back to it because i double clicked on it through chat but i think the sites in south africa where i am and once in the auto trader i seen an m5 for sale that had 254 kw.Imagine a chip like this with dinan cams.Bout 265 kw or so.360 hp.Doesn't hartge make a performance chip for the m5.My 325is 2.7 L has a hartge chip and branch and after 4000 it really goes.I believe its faster than a 286 hp 3.0L 2 door m3 to 200km/h.Anyways.Cya!<br>

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information