+ Reply to Thread
    Reza H

Yes | No

How to unstick a jammed 6 CD changer?

I have a '94 325i with an "Alpine3" factory 6 CD changer in the trunk. Tonight my head unit said I had
    a disc error. I removed the magazine reinserted all
    the CDs and put it back in. Now the magazine won't eject. I tried removing the fuse, and replacing it but to no avail. I cant find an emergency eject button. Any suggestions on how I can get the magazine out? Without destroying the CD changer? Thanks.

bao328i

Yes | No

Re: How to unstick a jammed 6 CD changer?

and changer. Pull it in and out, left to right until you fill a switch that will eject the magazine. If there is a stuck cd in your changer. Take out all of the cd's in the magazine and insert it into the changer, wait a minute then hit eject, the disc should come out..

Good luck

I have a '94 325i with an "Alpine3" factory 6 CD changer in the trunk. Tonight my head unit said I had
    the CDs and put it back in. Now the magazine won't eject. I tried removing the fuse, and replacing it but to no avail. I cant find an emergency eject button. Any suggestions on how I can get the magazine out? Without destroying the CD changer? Thanks.

RN

Yes | No

2 ways

1- I have 2 stock changers, 2 diff models. 1 type you can use a credit card to slide in underneath the magazine untill you can push the little pin and the magazine will pop out.
    2- I don't know where is the lock mechanism of it. The only way I can think of is the take the changer out of yout car and unscrew all the screws to take the changer's cover off and you can see everything inside of it. Then you can see how to take it apart and maybe you can fix it yourself depend on how lucky you are :)
    Good luck.

and changer. Pull it in and out, left to right until you fill a switch that will eject the magazine. If there is a stuck cd in your changer. Take out all of the cd's in the magazine and insert it into the changer, wait a minute then hit eject, the disc should come out..

Good luck

Aaron

Yes | No

Same problem

I have the exact same problem. I'll try RN's credit card trick and hope that works!

Aaron

Aaron

Yes | No

It worked!

Thanks a million guys! The old credit card trick worked like a champ. Saved me probably $80 because I was going to take it in to Circuit $hitty or somewhere and let them take a look at it. But now it's no longer jammed and works like a champ. BTW, my player was an Alpine2 I believe.

Aaron

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information