+ Reply to Thread
    jos konings

Yes | No

parts automatic transmission bw 65 from my 3.0cs

Does anybody know where i can by new parts for the borg-<br>warner 65 . Clutch plates, front and rear bands seals/0-rings, and more.<br>I fixed my bw65 with parts from two other bw65 transmissions<br>and it is now working good. But i saw how weak some parts looked, i think in the future i have to change clutch plates and the "bands" again.<br>My local bmw dealer says there are no parts for the bw65<br>transmission annymore.<p>If somebody knows the answer, many thanks.<p>

doug

Yes | No

try [email protected]

peter sliskovich at the above-mentioned e-mail address should have good used parts or, alternatively, try carl nelson at CNPR, 1-800-466-8184. both are very knowledgeable & helpful.<br>

Ian

Yes | No

Re: parts automatic transmission bw 65 from my 3.

<i><br>Does anybody know where i can by new parts for the borg-<br>warner 65 . Clutch plates, front and rear bands seals/0-rings, and more.<br>I fixed my bw65 with parts from two other bw65 transmissions<br>and it is now working good. But i saw how weak some parts looked, i think in the future i have to change clutch plates and the "bands" again.<br>My local bmw dealer says there are no parts for the bw65<br>transmission annymore.<p>If somebody knows the answer, many thanks.<p> <p></i>Try a Jaguar dealer<br>The XJ6 early models use the BW65 and is vitrualy identical except bell housing and output shaft coupling, <br>I once bought the transmision presure relief plastic fitting for only $12 ( I bought 3 for the same price as 1 from the BMW dealer and suprisingly it was an on the shelf item and I didn't have to wait .<br>The bands are available through a UAP/NAPA outlet<br>

Peter S

Yes | No

Re: parts automatic transmission bw 65 from my 3.

I believe Jaguar also used the same unit on the XJ6 from the 70's.<br>Peter S<p><p><br><i><br>Does anybody know where i can by new parts for the borg-<br>warner 65 . Clutch plates, front and rear bands seals/0-rings, and more.<br>I fixed my bw65 with parts from two other bw65 transmissions<br>and it is now working good. But i saw how weak some parts looked, i think in the future i have to change clutch plates and the "bands" again.<br>My local bmw dealer says there are no parts for the bw65<br>transmission annymore.<p>If somebody knows the answer, many thanks.<p> <p></i><br>

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information