+ Reply to Thread
    Gus328ci

Yes | No

I smoked a CLK 320

I pull up to this light in Jersey and a CLK 320 cab. pulls up and this guy starts looking at my coupe and starts revving. I politely pop the clutch and take off at the green. This ******* finally catches up and cuts me off after I had already slowed down. A cop watches the whole thing from behind and pulls both of us over. I get a speeding ticket and he gets a reckless driving ticket. After we pull away, I offer to race this guy on the open highway. We get onto the NJ Turnpike and I friggen lose this chup in like a minute. The moral of the story is don't buy a benz and **** with me.

kisalex

Yes | No

seems to me the cop smoked both of you :-)(eom)

eom

Chris B.

Yes | No

Yeah...an AMG Hammer driver better watch you.

: I pull up to this light in Jersey and a CLK 320 cab. pulls up and this guy starts looking at my coupe and starts revving. I politely pop the clutch and take off at the green. This ******* finally catches up and cuts me off after I had already slowed down. A cop watches the whole thing from behind and pulls both of us over. I get a speeding ticket and he gets a reckless driving ticket. After we pull away, I offer to race this guy on the open highway. We get onto the NJ Turnpike and I friggen lose this chup in like a minute. The moral of the story is don't buy a benz and **** with me.

Scott

Yes | No

Just don't try it with the new CLK...(m)

Mercedes announced yesterday the CLK 55 AMG will be arriving towards the end of the year. I wouldn't try to beat that car in an straight away unless you have an M3. :-)

Scott
    '00 323Ci
    Titanium/Black
    5SPD/SP/PP/HK/Xn/Leather/6-CD

siulobow

Yes | No

Re: I smoked a CLK 320

: I pull up to this light in Jersey and a CLK 320 cab. pulls up and this guy starts looking at my coupe and starts revving. I politely pop the clutch and take off at the green. This ******* finally catches up and cuts me off after I had already slowed down. A cop watches the whole thing from behind and pulls both of us over. I get a speeding ticket and he gets a reckless driving ticket. After we pull away, I offer to race this guy on the open highway. We get onto the NJ Turnpike and I friggen lose this chup in like a minute. The moral of the story is don't buy a benz and **** with me.

Don't look down on the Benz CLK 320.
    Bimmer might have a better pick up when it starts.
    However, Benz can always catch u up later.

siulobow

Yes | No

Re: Just don't try it with the new CLK...(m)

: Mercedes announced yesterday the CLK 55 AMG will be arriving towards the end of the year. I wouldn't try to beat that car in an straight away unless you have an M3. :-)

: Scott
    : '00 323Ci
    : Titanium/Black
    : 5SPD/SP/PP/HK/Xn/Leather/6-CD

As I said before, the 55 enginer from AMG is really powerful. From 0-60, BMW can get there little bit faster. However, from 0-100, BMW are always 1 or 2 seconds behind.
    Like C43 and M3 are a very good example.

siulobow

Yes | No

: Mercedes announced yesterday the CLK 55 AMG will be arriving towards the end of the year. I wouldn't try to beat that car in an straight away unless you have an M3. :-)

: Scott
    : '00 323Ci
    : Titanium/Black
    : 5SPD/SP/PP/HK/Xn/Leather/6-CD

As I said before, the 55 enginer from AMG is really powerful. From 0-60, BMW can get there little bit faster. However, from 0-100, BMW are always 1 or 2 seconds behind.
    Like C43 and M3 are a very good example.

Joe

Yes | No

Your comparing a V8 with an inline six(more)

: As I said before, the 55 enginer from AMG is really powerful. From 0-60, BMW can get there little bit faster. However, from 0-100, BMW are always 1 or 2 seconds behind.
    : Like C43 and M3 are a very good example.

The C43 and the M3 is NOT a good example. The M3 is a 240hp inline six while the Mercedes Benz C43 is a 302hp V8. Thats comparing apples and oranges. A better comparison would between a 540i Sport and the C43(even though the C43 has more hp). It's plain and simple, MB's arent performance cars, they are luxury cars.

lk

Yes | No

Umm, how'd he pull BOTH of you over, exactly?

Rudy

Yes | No

That happened to a friend and I some time ago...

We were driving to his house in Maine (from NJ) in a two car procession. Doing 76 in a deserted 55mph at 2 am. The cop radared us, we saw him slowed down to ~60. I was in the rear, he came up to me, passed me (illegally) and turned his lights while in between us. While my friend pulled over, he slowed to a crawl (making me slow too, didn't want to pass in no passing zone) then pulled over, hopped out of his cruiser and flagged me down with his Maglite before I had time to speed up again. Gave us both identical tickets. Best part is, my friend (in the other car) had gotten an 85 in a 65 two hours before in another state. Later in the week he wrecked his car on a snowy road to the slopes. He had a very bad week.

Sorry to be long-winded but that is one way that one cop can kill two drivers with one cruiser.

Rudy

siulobow

Yes | No

Re: Your comparing a V8 with an inline six(more)

: : As I said before, the 55 enginer from AMG is really powerful. From 0-60, BMW can get there little bit faster. However, from 0-100, BMW are always 1 or 2 seconds behind.
    : : Like C43 and M3 are a very good example.

: The C43 and the M3 is NOT a good example. The M3 is a 240hp inline six while the Mercedes Benz C43 is a 302hp V8. Thats comparing apples and oranges. A better comparison would between a 540i Sport and the C43(even though the C43 has more hp). It's plain and simple, MB's arent performance cars, they are luxury cars.

You are right. But Car and Driver also put them in comparison. MB and BMW always compete each other. C4 is intended to compete with M3. Therefore, C43 has more hosepower. Like the coming M3, they inteneded to compete with C43 again. This battle never ends.
    BMW and MB are nice cars, too. If you said, MB is not for performance, then BMW is not for performance either. The real performance cars are Porsche, NSX, Lambo, and Ferrari.
    The people who drive BMW always think they are driving the best machines in the world. They seem that they always ignore MB. I have a MB C280 sport and also a BMW 328Ci. I have to admit that BMW has a better pick up at initial start up. But in the mid-range, I believe MB can always catch up. My whole family has MBs. I have driven an E, S, CLK, also my C. I think they do handle very well. Especially, the E, CLK, and C with sport package, they can realy compete with BMW. Maybe, it doesn't look as sportier as BMW. However, if you have a chance to drive a MB, I believe you might agree to what I said.

JK ha ha ha

Yes | No

I smoked a Cohiba from Cuba, better than a M.Benz!

Vincent W

Yes | No

Re: Your comparing a V8 with an inline six(more)

They only Merc that handles as well as its BMW rival is the E55 the rest are not even close....
    E55 is the best car for an auto driver that desires performance and luxury...
    M5 manual performs almos the same as the E55 so I guess the M5 won't be as good as the E55....
    BMW is the ultimate luxury driving machine....MOST Benz are luxury machines...
    And believe me the Diablo doesn't handle as well as it should....NSX, Porsches and Ferraris however are performance car...

Vincent W

Yes | No

It would seem that since almost all Mercedes are auto their engines on average lean more towards torque than HP...
    Without the torque the MBs won't perform nearly as well as it is.....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information