+ Reply to Thread
    Bad Radio?

Yes | No

Radio sais "-Disabled-" on the display.....

I have a radio from a 1999 European E46. I hooked it up on the bench and it sais "-DISABLED-" on the face. Nothing workes on it. I called the dealer and they sais that they had never seen that. Anyone know anything about this.

Thanx

Kris L.

Yes | No

Anti-theft feature (more)

If the radio in an E46 is disconnected and reconnected, it will think that it has been removed from the car and it disables itself.

Your local dealer can give you a "code" that you can put in (by pressing number keys 1-6) to re-enable the radio. Ask the dealer to call BMW if they don't know what the code is...

Smagz

Yes | No

Don't know...but maybe theft protection (nt)

: I have a radio from a 1999 European E46. I hooked it up on the bench and it sais "-DISABLED-" on the face. Nothing workes on it. I called the dealer and they sais that they had never seen that. Anyone know anything about this.

:
    : Thanx

multi

Yes | No

Re: Radio sais "-Disabled-" on the display.....

BMW Radios will not work w/o the radio code, the radio code is with the vehicle information pamphlet, if you do not have the pamphlet containig the code the dealer will have to send it off to be reenabled or recoded I believe.

: I have a radio from a 1999 European E46. I hooked it up on the bench and it sais "-DISABLED-" on the face. Nothing workes on it. I called the dealer and they sais that they had never seen that. Anyone know anything about this.

:

Bad Radio?

Yes | No

Re: Anti-theft feature (more)

I don't belive that there is a code to enter on this radio (at least not in this state). I have an E36 and I know what you are talking about when it comes to entering a code, but no none of the keys that I press change the display. I have the card that comes with the radio and there is no code written in the code space.

: If the radio in an E46 is disconnected and reconnected, it will think that it has been removed from the car and it disables itself.

: Your local dealer can give you a "code" that you can put in (by pressing number keys 1-6) to re-enable the radio. Ask the dealer to call BMW if they don't know what the code is...

JamesR

Yes | No

The radio communicates on a Bus.. (more)

There are several communication buses in the vehicle and the radio communicates on one of them. This is why when you adjust the time in the cluster is also is adjusted on the radio. (for cars which have this feature) My guess is that it is unable to communicate on that bus and will not operate.

Taking it one step further, it would not be too hard to have the vehicle know which radio should be in it (via SN) and only work with that radio unless it is programmed to do so... I'm not saying that this is how it works, only that it would be easily possible.....

-James

haud

Yes | No

There is no code for E46...

I looked at the manual and it says that there is no reactivation code for radio on the E46.

:

Ausgang

Yes | No

Also good way to get Preferential Parking! (m)

Oooops, Sorry ----- that would only be when your radio says 'Handicapped'. :-)

harrimansat

Yes | No

ibus radio

Hi, any traffic in IBUS pin 7 radio will enable the radio

https://youtu.be/Ye6BSlrXkZc

regards
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 83.56.185.131

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information