+ Reply to Thread
    Fred Meloan

Yes | No

99 Z3 2.8 "British Traditional Exclusive Edition"

BMW has announced their latest special edition called the "British Traditional Exclusive Edition". Approximately 300 will be built starting with Feb 99 production.

The exterior color will be Dark Green(307) and each 2.8 Z3 will have the following special items:

Champagne Nappa Leather seats w/ English Green piping
    Dark Green convertible top
    Green floor mats
    White turn signal indicator lights
    16" cross spoke alloy wheels

The total extra cost for the EE Package is $1,000.

Additional equipment included on each of the EE models at the regular option cost are:

Heated seats ($500)
    Chrome interior trim ($150)
    In-dash CD player ($200)
    Premium Package ($950)

The total cost is $39,570 including the destination charge of $570. Since the MSRP for the 2.8 model is $36,200 the total cost of $39,570 represents the sum of all the individual items and therefore does not reflect any discount to the MSRP prices for the total package. Seems to me like there ought to have been a discount of several hundred dollars for the total package since you have to take all the options in order to get the Exclusive Edition.

I think that most folks do not prefer the cross spoke wheels but would rather have a wheel design different than any other Z3. Since the cross spoke wheel is now seen on practically every E46 328 on the road it doesn’t seem to very "exclusive" any more. Also, I would personally prefer a beige top in lieu of the green top but this is simply a matter of personal preference. I assume the green top will be the same material that is used in the 3 series convertible top and if I recall correctly it doesn’t match the dark green color paint used on the body of the Z3. Oh well, lets wait and see what it looks like.

Be sure to call your BMW center today to find out when they are going to receive their car. With only 300 being built some dealers will not get one as their are approximately 375 BMW dealers in the US today.

YMMV

Fred Meloan
    BMW CCA #86321 NCC
    '97 E36/7 Z3 1.9 Atlanta Blue, beige/beige Maryland tag:

9 Maryland 00
    Z3

MikeinNH

Yes | No

Re: 99 Z3 2.8 "British Traditional Exclusive Editi

: BMW has announced their latest special edition called the "British Traditional Exclusive Edition". Approximately 300 will be built starting with Feb 99 production.

: The exterior color will be Dark Green(307) and each 2.8 Z3 will have the following special items:

: Champagne Nappa Leather seats w/ English Green piping
    : Dark Green convertible top
    : Green floor mats
    : White turn signal indicator lights
    : 16" cross spoke alloy wheels

: The total extra cost for the EE Package is $1,000.

: Additional equipment included on each of the EE models at the regular option cost are:

: Heated seats ($500)
    : Chrome interior trim ($150)
    : In-dash CD player ($200)
    : Premium Package ($950)

: The total cost is $39,570 including the destination charge of $570. Since the MSRP for the 2.8 model is $36,200 the total cost of $39,570 represents the sum of all the individual items and therefore does not reflect any discount to the MSRP prices for the total package. Seems to me like there ought to have been a discount of several hundred dollars for the total package since you have to take all the options in order to get the Exclusive Edition.

: I think that most folks do not prefer the cross spoke wheels but would rather have a wheel design different than any other Z3. Since the cross spoke wheel is now seen on practically every E46 328 on the road it doesn’t seem to very "exclusive" any more. Also, I would personally prefer a beige top in lieu of the green top but this is simply a matter of personal preference. I assume the green top will be the same material that is used in the 3 series convertible top and if I recall correctly it doesn’t match the dark green color paint used on the body of the Z3. Oh well, lets wait and see what it looks like.

: Be sure to call your BMW center today to find out when they are going to receive their car. With only 300 being built some dealers will not get one as their are approximately 375 BMW dealers in the US today.

: YMMV

: Fred Meloan
    BMW CCA #86321 NCC
    '97 E36/7 Z3 1.9 Atlanta Blue, beige/beige Maryland tag:

:

9 Maryland 00
    Z3

:

It does sound interesting, but a bit pricey - and I agree that a tan top would've been nicer, though I like the cross spoke wheels. If/when I decide I want to go back to "British Traditional", I'll happily buy and restore another late-model TR6...

Robert

Yes | No

Still waiting for the "Doug Morgan" edition

At one of the Texas gatherings we came up with the idea for a great M roadster special edition (joking called the "Doug" edition).

It would be a boston green M roadster, with tan leather seats (no bumps) and a tan interior. Everywhere the current M roadster has chrome on the interior, this one will have wood (so wood trimmed gauges).

Kurt

Yes | No

That's rather humorous

I think it's appropriate for a British marque, but seems a tad silly for a BMW. But, don't let me spoil anyone's fun! :)

Maybe they'll make a "Bavarian Traditional" model with Deerhide seats, green Loden wool carpet, and a tiny Z3 that pops out of the dashboard clock?

--Kurt

Bryan (EOM)

Yes | No

Quad Wood Exhaust Tips would be nice on the Doug

: At one of the Texas gatherings we came up with the idea for a great M roadster special edition (joking called the "Doug" edition).

: It would be a boston green M roadster, with tan leather seats (no bumps) and a tan interior. Everywhere the current M roadster has chrome on the interior, this one will have wood (so wood trimmed gauges).

Greg in Sydney

Yes | No

They left out the most traditional British bits...

Where are the leaky roof, drafty window seals, and garage oil splodges?

;-)
    Greg

Bruce

Yes | No

you forgot the SMG (eom)

Robb

Yes | No

Why not just send over BMW's REAL Brit roadster???

BMW of course owns Rover, the British car company.

Wouldn't it be nice if BMW/Rover would start sending MG's over again?

Brann

Yes | No

Why not a BugEye Sprite?

Supposedly they were thinking of building it.

Stallion - UK

Yes | No

Re: Why not just send over BMW's REAL Brit roadste

: You guys dont get TVR's in the US

Now thats what you call a British Sports car

An MGF is a boat on wheels and flex's like Atlas's bicep's.

Grhhhhhh.

Doug

Yes | No

In Negotiation

So far the only idea that they like is the wood tips. Something about the SMG not fitting in the M drive train. If they don't hurry up and get this thing moving I'll just have to buy a regular one, chrome rings and all.

FWK-Z3

Yes | No

Damn, they forgot ....

1. Can of oil to pour on garage floor under car.

2. Can of ozone/burning insulation aroma air freshener.

3. Awl to poke holes in convertible top.

Lawrence

Yes | No

whew

A German designed, American built, British Edition??? Maybe there will be a Japanese Edition that comes with a big VTEC sticker on the windshield. Maybe a Jamaican Edition (smoker's package included)???

Lawrence
    98 Estoril (Portugal Edition?) //M Roadster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information